Marketing Training is the process of learning about marketing principles, strategies & techniques, as well as real-life applications of those. The aim is to equip individuals with deep knowledge related to marketing or its specific area.
So, if you are ready, let’s start!
The following article covers:
Benefits of Marketing Training
So, first of all, let’s review the Benefits of Marketing Training.
- Time & Location flexibility (if online) both for you and your students
- Low start-up costs as main areas of investment are the platform and online tools to enhance learners’ experience
- On-demand training. Businesses need to drive traffic and continuously increase brand awareness levels. Thus, they are willing to hire trainers to train marketing teams. Yet besides B2B collaborations, your market also includes B2C. Many individuals are willing to learn marketing in-depth to land a new job, start a new career, upgrade their skill set, or generally use the skills to market themselves as professionals in the X industry. So, it benefits you in terms of demand, businesses in terms of ROI, and learners as they gain valuable insights into the industry.
- High chances to rank, gain visibility & get clients. As a marketing expert, you indeed are aware of the best practices that will help you to rank.
- You can offer multiple types of marketing training. (digital, SEO, Social Media & Electronic Communications, Email Campaigns & Strategies, etc.)
The market of Marketing Training
The market for marketing training is growing as businesses and individuals seek to enhance their marketing skills. These will allow them to stay competitive in an ever-changing marketplace.
According to data found during our research, we can see that average monthly searches for marketing training range from 1k to 10k. Meanwhile, average searches for online marketing training range from 100 to 1k. High search volumes showcase good market demand in the industry.
Besides demand, let’s also look through competition. For marketing training, competition ranks between low to medium. This gives you an advantage in terms of ranking for these (marketing training, online marketing training) keywords.
From the data presented down below, we can also see that top-of-page bids for low and high-range costs are not too high ($0.47 - $9.47). So, the ad budget won’t be too costly, yet with proper targeting; you will reach people most likely to make a purchase from you.
So, you can take advantage of low to medium competition, create and optimize a landing page for the training to rank and generate leads.
Marketing Training Challenges
Trainers inevitably will face certain challenges when offering marketing training, with the primary ones being:
- Keeping up with the latest industry trends & changing customer needs
- Measuring the effectiveness of marketing training and its effects on participants in the long run.
- Providing training for a diverse range of professionals. If you are providing training for a team, it can be hard to cover all the topics due to each one of the members being responsible for a specific area (SMM, SEO, Email Marketing).
- Adaptation of training to specific cases, situations, scenarios, or marketing challenges that the business is facing and aims to resolve
Can marketing training be online?
Yes, marketing training can take place online. Furthermore, it is a more convenient option for today’s market.
You can deliver marketing training in various forms, such as webinars, online courses, live training programs (consisting of multiple sessions),virtual conferences, and even a coaching program.
Online Marketing Training is convenient, cost-efficient, and accessible to a wider range of audiences. It gives you time & location freedom.
The main responsibilities of a marketing trainer include:
- Development of the program that includes best & up-to-date marketing practices
- Constant evaluation & improvement of the marketing training to ensure the delivery of the highest quality and best results
- Mentoring & coaching beginner markets as well as established professionals for upskill
- Networking with industry professionals to keep up with trends
10 steps to start an online marketing training
Well, now it is time to review the top 10 practical steps to take if you want to start online marketing training.
Step 1 - Define your Target Market
Identifying your target market is the first step that will set you up for success.
Any product or service needs to be sold to make a profit. In your case, the product is marketing training. To sell it, you must know to who you are selling. This knowledge will equip you with benefits such as:
- Allow positioning of the product in a way that interests the audience
- Provides solutions for pain points of the target market, motivating them to take action
- Allow you to set proper targeting and reach the market that is interested in the product
In order to define the target market, you need to:
- Conduct market research
- Analyze gathered data
- Create an Ideal Client Persona
- Segment your market based on which you can create various Buyer Personas
Step 2 - Create a Value Proposition Canvas
Value proposition canvas will help you to align your solution (product) to the needs & wants of your target customer. Basically, it will give you an idea of how to position your product in order to close the deal.
You can create such a canvas for each buyer persona (segment of the audience). Canvas consists of:
- USP of your product
- Customer Jobs (tasks they want to solve)
- Customer Pains (challenges they face while wanting to accomplish certain tasks)
- Customer Gains (desired results they want)
- Product features (what you offer)
- Solutions you offer
Step 3 - Choose a Specific Topic for your Training
Do not rush and create five programs all at once. Instead, choose one topic and work on creating a good, high-value program.
For instance, the focus can be:
- Digital Marketing Best Practices
- How to Use X, Y, and Z tools to automate Digital Marketing processes
- Many more
I suggest that you go back to your market research data and analyze which areas enjoy the most demand nowadays.
Step 4 - Create a Course Outline
Now as far as you are clear on the market, value & topic, it is time to create a proper course outline. Make sure to research various trainers and courses they offer in the chosen field of marketing. Then carefully analyze what topics are covered throughout the most successful courses.
Afterward, create your unique course outline that will equip participants with all the necessary skills.
Step 5 - Develop Training Materials
Next step is to develop training materials. These include PDFs, e-books, podcasts, video & audio materials, and anything else that you will need to make your training efficient.
However, do not go overboard and stuff it with unnecessary materials.
Make sure the materials you create are valuable and will contribute to students learning. Incorporate quizzes & tests to keep motivation levels up and check progress. Also, incorporate various collaborative learning practices to increase engagement levels.
Step 6 - Choose a Platform
Training platforms are trolls that come in handy with all the necessary features to allow you to host effective training.
Good platforms offer automation, website & course builder, pre-made templates, integrations, and even marketing features. LMS platforms are aimed to save you time and resources while ensuring your ability to deliver a high-quality user experience.
The best tools in the current market are - Uteach, Kajabi & Thinkific.
Step 7 - Build a Website
When you choose the platform best suitable for your needs, start building your website. Here are a few recommendations:
- If you have time, add a blog section, and share your expertise. Blogs help you to drive organic traffic and engage the audience while improving your authority as a professional.
- Display certifications that you earned or awards on a separate page on your website.
- Display past clients’ reviews & testimonials on your website.
Step 8 - Greate Marketing Strategy,
Create a marketing strategy based on all your research. Keep in mind that you must have strategies both organic & paid, thus a marketing budget.
Organic marketing is great for long-term results. It allows you to engage the audience and build up trust. Meanwhile, paid marketing is great for short-term results, e.g., for lead generation.
Also, do not forget to SEO-optimize the content on your website to make sure it ranks high on SERPs.
Step 9 - Revise
Revise your plan, outline, and everything else related to the marketing training program.
You want to make sure that it is as close to perfect as possible. Indeed, mistakes are unavoidable but do not take them close to heart when they occur. Remember that this is an amazing road to learning and professional growth.
Step 10 - Publish & Go Live
After everything is ready, you might just hit the magic “publish” button. Finally, it is your time to go live, make income and increase ROI rates.
Needed skills for marketing training
Now I suggest that we review the top skills you need to be able to provide successful marketing training.
First of all, let’s review Hard Skills. Hard skills are referred to as Professional skillsets.
- Strong marketing & branding knowledge
- Familiarity with the latest industry-related trends
- Excellent knowledge of Digital Marketing (as it is mainstreamed)
- Knowledge & Practical skills to effectively use various marketing tools, CRM & automation to optimize marketing & sales processes
- Knowledge of how to utilize the platform and training tools
Now, let’s also take a look at a set f soft skills you need to make your training more efficient.
- Communication skills to avoid misunderstandings & clarify things up
- Excellent presentation and delivery of the training
- Planning skills to organize and put together a wholesome program that can give people the expected results
- Creativity & Innovation expand the horizons of students. Helping them to brainstorm more productively and see a bigger picture
FAQ about marketing training
Finally, it is time to go over common quotations related to marketing training.
If you are ready, let’s dive into it.
Can I start the marketing training with minimum investments?
Yes, you can start marketing training with minimum investments.
If you have a proper web camera or phone, you will need a good microphone (Approx. $20),digital tools (many are free, but if Canva & Whiteboards, approx. $30/mo),and a platform (ranges from #39 to $200/mo based on plan).
So with just $90 - $290 start-up costs, you can start a business that, with proper strategy, will scale and free you from 9 to 5.
Do I need certification for creating marketing training?
No, you do not need a certification to create marketing training.
However, if you do have one, it will be beneficial. Display them on your website to increase the trust factor.
Also, keep in mind that even though you do not need certification to get started, you must be a marketing industry expert who can provide value. Besides, you must be well equipped with teaching and training skills and aware of methodologies and best techniques.
How much does it cost to create marketing training?
To create online marketing training, as mentioned earlier, you will need anywhere between $90 to $200. Plus, add the marketing budget of $100-$200; you will need around $300-$500.
It indeed also depends on the type of training and additional third-party resources you will need.
How much can I earn with selling marketing training?
Once again, this varies depending on the topic, its demand, and competition. Yet, the approximate cost of the training program (e.g., 15 sessions, two months) is around $500 to $1500 per individual.
So, if you get your first five paying clients during the first month, you can make approximately $5000. This is a very realistic goal & number.
How to measure marketing training effectiveness?
It is difficult to track marketing training effectiveness, yet you can:
- Choose a platform with built-in analytics to track students’ progress
- Ask for student feedback
- Keep in touch with students & their career cases and successes after your training.
How long does it take to create online marketing training?
It truly depends on your commitment, yet the usual length is around three weeks.
The first week can be committed to proper market research and buyer persona creation, after which you can choose the topic and create an outline. The second week can be committed to creating all the necessary training materials and learning tools.
The final week is the time to build the website, place the course, and get clear on the marketing strategy.
Monetize Your Skills Online
Take your first step toward success with Uteach!
Imagine getting your professional website done faster than light travels from the Sun to the Earth. With Uteach, you can automate many processes.
As a result, you will be able to dedicate MORE time to creating & selling whatever you want: courses, products, coaching, training, and webinars. Triple your income with bundles and memberships.
You can access special features such as a website & course builder, built-in SEO, live functionality, fully-automated coaching, integrations, and even your local payment gateway.
Many online learners are waiting for you to light their way. So, stop hesitating and start right away!
We'll set up your website for free
Uteach cares about YOUR success