The E-learning industry revolutionized the way we perceive learning nowadays. It ruined concepts of location and time barriers and made education accessible for everyone.
Throughout this article, we will take a look at the top-notch reasons why you should pick Virtual Training over Face-to-face.
So, if you are ready, let’s start!
The following article covers:
What is virtual training?
First of all, let’s dive into the definitions.
Virtual Training is training that incorporates various e-learning tools and is hosted in a virtual environment.
Virtual training equips learners with a range of necessary skills they look for while choosing the program, yet in a more cost-efficient manner. It usually costs less than face-to-face training, both for instructors and participants. Besides, it saves time & money on transportation.
What is face-to-face training?
Face-to-face training is a 1:1 or group training program that takes place in an offline setting.
Face-to-face training programs are proven to be efficient throughout the years due to high-interest rates among participants taking the training. Indeed, the success of the training largely also depends on the facilitator.
Virtual training advantages
Both types of training are efficient in terms of results if the training facilitator knows what they are doing. However, virtual training equips you with more advantages compared to face-to-face training.
Now, it is time to look at the list of benefits you will gain from hosting virtual training sessions.
First and foremost, virtual training nowadays is far more interesting. It is more than just a boring Zoom meeting as it used to be.
The pandemic helped this industry boost demand and significantly improved the e-learning experience. Nowadays, there are hundreds of gamification tools available.
Besides gamification, you can add quizzes, host Q&A sessions, open online discussion forums, and create whole communities of learners.
Let’s wrap up; quizzes and assessments will help keep students engaged and track their progress. Meanwhile, Q&A sessions and discussions will help learners acquire the training materials better. Plus, you can always add certifications to keep them more motivated.
Another perk of virtual training is more flexibility it offers. Unlike offline training sessions with virtual training, you are not tied to a specific location. You can work from anywhere, starting with random cafes and countries and ending with the comfort of your own home.
Besides location freedom and flexibility, you also get time flexibility. Do you want to work at 6 AM or 11 PM? Well, now it is entirely your choice. If you are making passive income through off-the-shelf courses, then you do not even have to work for a while. The only thing that needs to be done is to optimize the marketing strategy and track sales.
Taking into account that with live training sessions, you can also adjust time zones. You can access international audiences, meaning you can have sessions with students in the evening while they join training in the morning. You are your boss in the virtual training industry and can do whatever works best for you.
Improve technical skills
One more benefit of virtual training is the automatic improvement of your technical skills and knowledge.
Due to utilizing many tools such as video conferencing, platform & website builder, you automatically improve your awareness of today’s technology.
Of course, one of the main benefits is lower costs which come in handy with hosting virtual training programs.
First of all, you won’t have to spend on the following:
- Renting an appropriate space where training sessions will take place. Instead, you can just host the training virtually anywhere you find comfortable.
- You will save lots of money on tools such as physical whiteboards, projectors, markers, etc.
Plus, to start with virtual training, you need to find a platform and build your training website. Afterward, do the appropriate marketing. However, the platform and marketing costs will be less than starting face-to-face training in an offline environment.
Another reason you should choose virtual training over face-to-face training is that it is more convenient in today’s world.
Down below, you can see the main reasons why Virtual Training is currently more convenient:
- Students learn more through Virtual Training than through Traditional due to more time available to focus on the material.
- Online learning is far more scalable than traditional, and the demand is growing.
- eLearning is an environmentally friendly solution
Many of us are used to instant access to the internet and learning materials. Therefore, most people nowadays, according to several statistics, prefer virtual training over face-to-face.
The main ways F2F and virtual training differ
What are the main differences between these two training types? Well, let’s take a look at them.
The Learning Environment
Clearly, the setting is the first difference between face-to-face and virtual training. Face-to-face training takes place in an offline environment dedicated to the training space. Meanwhile, virtual training takes place in a virtual environment through virtual classrooms, video conferencing apps, or platforms that offer end-to-end live functionality.
Another difference between these is scalability. Nowadays, more and more people prefer online learning over traditional one.
Therefore, virtual training programs now enjoy higher demand, unlike face-to-face ones. However, this largely depends on your niche, audience, and target clients.
Online learning, especially if provided as off-the-shelf content (pre-recorded courses), allows for highly self-paced learning for the students.
Meanwhile, offline learning requires everyone to follow a certain schedule. However, if you host your training online live, it requires sticking to a certain pace.
Virtual training does not limit you to your city or neighborhood. You can get clients from all over the world by offering online training programs. Plus, this way, you will get better profit potential.
Management & Measurement
Virtual training is a lot easier to manage. You will get an LMS platform that will likely offer analytics tools to track marketing activities, student factors, and other vital KPIs.
So, in the sense of management & measurement of results, Virtual Training is preferable.
Blended learning as an alternative
If you like both types, an alternative would be offering a blended learning experience. This way, you will get the perks of both worlds.
Is it really the best fit for you?
However, before you decide to offer blended learning, it is vital to understand whether or not it is the best fit for you.
Therefore, let’s review the pros & cons of offering a blended learning experience as an instructor.
Pros and cons
So, it is time to reveal the truth.
- Dynamic learning experience. You will greatly reduce the chances of boredom if you offer blended learning. One day it will be online, where students will experience the benefits of the virtual world. The other it will be offline, where in-person communication thrives.
- More ways for interaction. You can engage students through quizzes, tests, and other online assessments. Plus, improve in-person interaction through on-site discussions, games, and activities.
- It is proven to be efficient. A blended learning experience is proven to be efficient. First, we can look at corporations or universities that implemented learning resources & tools for face-to-face classes & training sessions. Blended training creates better chances for networking and communication.
- More time-consuming to design the course. Suppose you decide to offer a blended experience, then prepare to spend more time on the course design. First of all, it is vital to identify the outcomes and purpose of blended content. Afterward, decide which sessions should be held online, which ones offline, and why. Plus, you will need to implement more KPIs to measure the overall success.
- More costly. Blended content comes in handy not only with the perks but also with the costs of both worlds. If you are sure that the ROI rate will be satisfactory, then go with this option.
- Scheduling issues.
If you are a beginner, we recommend you get started with virtual training. After building up an audience, you can offer blended training programs that include on-site and off-site sessions.
Start your virtual training journey with Uteach
Now, it is time to start your journey and not just think about it.
Uteach is the perfect platform to start with, especially if you plan on further business expansion. It gives you every tool necessary to host successful virtual training sessions and create efficient programs.
Plus, it allows you to sell both physical and digital products, which means you can also offer a blended learning experience. Simply put, it is a potent automation that will allow you to take control over every aspect of your business from one place.