Due to high flexibility and lots of benefits, online training enjoys high demand in today’s world. As a trainer, you can provide one on one (personal) and group training programs.
So, if you are ready, let’s start with a definition and dive deeper into the benefits.
The following article covers:
What is online personal training?
Online personal training, like traditional in-person training, is a process of teaching skills & developing a certain set of skills in participants. It aims to improve an individual’s performance, productivity & capabilities in a specific industry or aspect.
Why choose online over in-person training?
Here are a few reasons to choose online over traditional in-person training.
Pros & Cons of Traditional Training
So, first of all, let’s review the main benefits and drawbacks of Traditional Training.
- Better engagement rates. It is easier to keep students engaged & focused
- Better communication among students
- More practice bases learning and easier to incorporate collaborative learning tools
Even though it comes in handy with many benefits, let’s not forget to review the drawbacks of traditional in-person training.
- Higher costs. The main drawback of offline sessions is the higher costs & investments required. First of all, you need all the quality physical equipment including projectors & whiteboards. Then, you also need to rent or buy an appropriate space to host training programs. These are not assets but liabilities in this rapidly changing world.
- Timer-consuming. Both you and your students will waste time on transportation.
- Offline training ties you to certain locations and limits opportunities
- Fixed schedules that do not always work
Pros & Cons of Online Training
Well, it is time to review the main benefits and drawbacks of online training.
- Unlimited opportunities and income potential. With location freedom, you gain many opportunities for network growth & huge income potential. Your students can be from all over the world.
- More scalable. Due to flexibility & convenience, online training is more scalable than traditional in-person one.
- Accessible for everyone. With online training, mobile learning, and many LMS platforms, learning has become more accessible than ever.
- It saves much time on transportation (folks living in big cities will get this point).
- Saves money. In order to start online personal or group training, you need to find an appropriate platform that offers all the tools you need to succeed. One of the best ones is Uteach, Thinkific, and Kajabi.
- Technical issues. A potential drawback of online training is the possibility of technical problems occurring. However, if we are being real, most of them have a quick-fix solution. Just make sure to check the equipment & software before a training session to avoid any inconvenience.
- More distractions. It is no secret that students get easily distracted. During online sessions, this is a bigger issue. Yet, there are multiple ways & solutions you can incorporate to keep them engaged.
So, in this era of digitization, choosing online training over offline is preferable. It will give you more opportunities to scale and give location & time freedom. Plus, you can sell your training programs worldwide, build an international community of learners & gain an immense amount of new opportunities.
How different is personal from group training?
The main difference between personal and group training is that personal one is hosted 1:1 (instructor & student), while in the group sessions, there is an instructor and more than one participant.
Group sessions cost 30% less than individual sessions. So, you can sell individual sessions for a higher price. Plus, as a beginner, it is easy to work one-on-one with students. It is easier to engage one person, focus on their results & make sure the customer is satisfied.
One-on-one sessions are easier to manage. Besides, you will be able to hold students accountable better as well.
This highly depends on the industry & complexity of the training. If it is complex, many students would prefer to invest more but get personalized training, where they work with a trainer 1:1.
The downside of personal training is that it is time-consuming. For instance, you can spend 1.5 hours on group session training with 5 participants or 1 hour of a training session with each of the 5 participants. You see the time difference, right? You will spend far more time working 1:1 rather than in groups.
To get the best of both worlds, you can offer both types to ensure that it works well for your schedule while also allowing students who need personalized learning to have the option to get one from you.
Start your training journey with all-in-one software
If you have ever considered pursuing a career as an online virtual trainer, then we have good news for you.
Uteach is a potent LMS automation that will allow you to create a full-featured online training business, scale & grow while making profits by monetizing your skills.
It offers a website builder, white labeling, course builder, pre-made templates & themes, and many integrations. You can host end-to-end live training sessions, as well as sell digital & physical training materials, courses, and programs.
With Uteach, you can automate lots of learning processes, save time and increase your ROI. So, stop hesitating and start your journey if become a successful online trainer today. Gain the financial, location & time freedom you have always wanted.