Getting customers for the first course might seem like a hard journey. However, if you know where to start, it all becomes easier. After all, everything comes down to structure and practicality.
Throughout this article, we will review in detail the 31 most efficient ways of getting the first customers for your course.
So, if you are ready, let’s start!
The following article covers:
Week 1: Building Initial Awareness
In an industry such as online education, awareness is vital. Why? As it contributes to higher trustworthiness and credibility. Thus, as a new creator, you must build up your reputation as trustworthy to get clients. How can you do that? Well, there are quite a few steps to take.
Week 1 section covers all the steps new creators must take. Steps that are essential to build initial awareness of their brand. So, if you are ready, let’s dive into it.
#1 Create a catchy website & course pages and landing pages
First and foremost comes the website. To acquire new customers in a new business, you must show who you are.
The fast-paced world of online education requires a strong and authentic digital presence. The website will serve as a virtual education platform. It will allow you to sell your products and connect with your audience & clients. Also, you'll be able to provide value through content.
When creating your website, make sure that you follow simple guidelines of style, such as
- Having enough white spaces to improve readability
- Using readable & solid fonts, also avoiding small-sized fonts
- Using complimentary or contrasting colors for branding
- Display visuals throughout the website.
Those are the basics; however, if you want to elevate your website further, here are the tips to follow:
- Use engaging visuals. E.g., eye-catching multimedia content (videos, graphics, images) that align with your brand.
- Ensure responsiveness of the design. Clients are going to access your website from a variety of devices. Thus, your website’s design must be responsive to different screen sizes.
- Put consistent effort into branding. Make sure you have certain typography, color scheme & design elements.
- Test your website’s loading speed; it must be fast. According to statistics, slow loading speed increases bounce rates.
- Display social proof. As a new creator, this can be hard; however, still important. Create testimonials & reviews page on your website. So, besides customer reviews, you can display your education certifications & degrees. It creates a certain level of authority.
- Create landing pages for all the courses. These pages allow for clear & concise communication focused on a specific product. So, these increase your chances of generating leads. Thus, allowing you to nurture them further to turn into real-time customers. Make sure to search engine optimize the content on your landing page & display CTAs throughout it.
- Pay attention to the visual hierarchy of the content and organize it properly. (e.g., use bullet points, white spaced, different headings (H1, H2, H3, etc.). So that content looks visually appealing and easy to scan.
Consider using animations & other interactive elements on your website to add more dynamics.
To make your journey easier, we decided to present course a few AWESOME websites. You can learn from these creators and make your own AWESOME website.
Pat Flynn - Key Takeaways: design a dynamic website, make sure the color palette is contrasting, use readable fonts, and create separate pages for courses, blog, etc. to have an easy-to-navigate-through website.
When you visit Pat’s website, the dynamics captivate you immediately. It loads fast and takes you as a visitor on a journey that clearly communicates who he is, what he does, and what value he offers.
Tony Robbins - Key Takeaways: design a website that gives a solid and professional impression, make an accessible menu, ensure your website has easy navigation, make your website look neat for clarity.
Tony talks about transformation, self-improvement, and growth. When you visit his website, you can immediately see the target message with a CTA. He offers a 4-day transformative program offering visitors to book it with the “Yes, Save My Seat Now.” If you pay attention to the word choice, it also creates a sense of urgency.
Robbins uses strong language on his website, communicating his personality and confidence. This is a good point, as he promises transformation for his clients. So, if you sell online courses about self-development and promise life-changing transformation, do not be afraid to use strong language and CTAs.
Amy Porterfield - Key Takeaways: make the design simple do not overload website with graphics, ensure your website’s fast loading speed. Also, she uses bright colors that speak well with the topics she talks about, such as marketing.
Also, Amy offers FREE Google Drive resources right after shortly introducing herself on the first page. By doing so, she immediately catches the attention of the viewer.
Overall her website utilizes a complimentary cooled-down color palette with string accents on herself. She also displays a good example of using color psychology. She wears a yellow blazer in the picture that communicates with the call-to-action button. Besides, the color yellow is associated with safe space, happiness, and strong energy.
#2 Make blogs and optimize for SEO
Another great way to get first-course clients is to make an SEO-friendly blog on your website. How will it even help? Well, blogs allow you to provide value for your audience. (Through educational materials about your niche). This contributes to long-term engagement and trust-building.
Besides, blogs are also a great way to rank your website on search engines such as Google. With proper on-site & off-site SEO strategies, you will greatly increase traffic on your website.
As far as we are clear on the benefits of blogs, let’s view some SEO tips:
- Write & publish high-quality content.
- Identify search intent & conduct keyword research (use tools such as Google Trends)
- Use headings & subheadings for your articles accurately
- Write meta descriptions for the articles
- Create SEO-friendly URLs and make sure they are easy to read
- Optimize your website for mobile usage
- Create internal & external linking (backlinks) strategies
- Compress images & use descriptive alt text with the right keywords
- Optimize page speed
- Create tags & categories to allow users to navigate through your blog easier
- Optimize featured snippets
- Regularly update published content and make sure it is timely.
To learn more about on-site & off-site SEO as well as tips, you can read the “SEO Checklist: 41 Tips to Optimize Your Website” article by SemRush. This checklist will greatly help you to market courses well.
#3 Share the course with your network, friends & family
One of the main goals as a new creator is to gain visibility and thus utilize the power of your existing network. Surely you are wondering how you can do that. We are here to help you out.
First, use the power of your network. Simply ask your friends, colleagues & family members to share your course-related posts on social media. Posts shared on personal pages have completely different effects on people.
You can also encourage word-of-mouth referrals. Our advice here is to - Simply ask. For instance, ask your friends to share your course on their personal accounts. Ask people to support you on your journey, etc.
Also, to promote it within your network, create personalized outreach templates. As friends and family might share your posts because you asked to, but others need to have a convincing reason.
To make sure your network is excited about the course, do pre-launch, launch, and post-launch posts encouraging sharing. You can find ideas for such posts in the “25 Social Media Post Ideas for Your Next Launch” article.
#4 Engage on social media
Social media engagement will help you build truthful relationships with your audience. It is an excellent channel to nurture leads and turn them into real-time customers.
For instance, a social media engagement strategy that will work is creating valuable content with CTAs. (e.g., questions encouraging viewers to reply in the comments, request to share the post, etc.)
Remember that “Teaching is about relationships” - Bill Gates.
Engaging your audience on social media requires consistency. So, make sure to post content regularly. The best strategy will be to have a content plan for various channels and a few ready posts ahead of time.
Also, you can post more frequently in the stories section to increase interaction levels. Luckily stories on Instagram allow you to create polls and questionaries. By doing so, you will engage with your audience and build long-term relationships.
Another way to help create engagement on social is to join relevant groups. For instance, you can share your course on relevant Facebook, LinkedIn & other social media platforms Groups, where you can promote it among like-minded individuals.
Also, do not forget to collaborate with influencers in your industry. Or whose audience will be interested in your content. This will help you to promote your content among your target audience.
Other simpler engagement strategies include replying to message requests and comments. These simple strategies are proven to help course creators to sell online courses at a higher rate.
#5 Share course parts as shorts, reels, and TikTok
Sharing course parts on shorts, reels, and TikTok can be incredibly beneficial for you.
First of all, it will contribute to Improved visibility & brand awareness. Also, automatically result in higher engagement levels. Reels, shorts, and TikTok are excellent for high scalability.
However, the main advantage is that these allow to provide value for the audience through engaging and educational content.
The main benefit of these platforms is that content can be just short-form, so users do not get bored. As a creator, use this knowledge and engage them. You can create short, thought-provoking videos with good call-to-actions.
To make sure you provide high-quality content that will be beneficial for your brand, make sure to:
- Identify key takeaways of the video beforehand
- Keep the videos short & concise
- Have an eye-catching thumbnail
- Add subtitles & readable captions
- Interact with viewers, encourage shares and comments.
Here is a course creator who uses the power of shorts, reels & Tik Toks to promote her brand.
Tiffany Aliche is a famous finance coach and author. Through her reels, she shares not only parts of her courses but also valuable tips & content.
#6 Answer forum questions
On your way to establish yourself as an authority in the market, engage in forums. Forums allow you to connect with people while also providing them value.
For instance, in Scenario 1, someone asked a question in the forum seeking for professional’s advice. You, as a professional, can reply to the forum post with a detailed response that provides value. When the person who asked the question sees your reply realizes that you are a professional who knows what they are talking about. Similarly, other people who read forums get exposed to your replies and form opinions.
Well, from examples to practical tips.
- Conduct your research & create a list of forums you should target
- Be helpful with your replies & posts
- Make sure to position yourself as an expert in the field
- Engage regularly, yet make sure you are not spamming anyone.
Sample forum to engage in:
- Online Instructors Subreddit. It is a great forum on Reddit for beginners and more advanced professionals in course creation. It promotes sharing experiences and support. Engaging in this forum will help you to provide value while simultaneously promoting your courses.
#7 Share FAQs
Make sure to have an FAQ section for your course. FAQ sections are extremely helpful in multiple ways. First of all, they allow you to save time and not reply to the same question over and over again. It also saves time for the visitors as they get answers right away.
The second benefit of the FAQ section is that it can also be search engine optimized and contribute to your site’s well performance & high rankings.
How to make sure your FAQ section is proper? Well, here is how:
- Come up with a list of common questions (you can collect it through engaging with your audience on social media)
- Formulate the list of questions properly
- Provide sufficient and concise answers for each question.
Also, provide contact information so that visitors who did not receive sufficient answers or have other questions can contact you easily.
Marie Forleo, an independent course creator, showcases a great FAQ page sample on her business website. The FAQ questions are divided into categories and properly organized. Thus, it looks visually appealing and readable.
#8 Create a community of your students
There are multiple ways to enhance students' learning experiences and attract new clients. One of the most efficient ways is the creation of a community. The community will serve as a supportive and collaborative space. It will encourage students to learn, share, and grow.
In order to create a community for your students, follow the steps down below.
- Set expectations, guidelines & rules. (e.g., everyone new should write an introductory post about themselves, students must be respectful toward one another, etc.)
- Find a forum or create a social media group for your students
- Ask questions that facilitate discussions
- Promote diversity & inclusivity
- Encourage feedback.
Well, creating a community is one thing. But managing it is another. In order to make sure your community is good, Foster a healthy and supportive environment. As the creator, you should be responsive and active. Thus, engage with students on a regular basis, and encourage students to engage with one another.
One of the most useful tips for hosting communities is to celebrate milestones & share the achievements of your students. By doing so, you will contribute to a supportive environment where students are happy for each other and motivated by each other’s successes.
#9 Provide content upgrades on your blog or website
Having a blog is necessary. However, it is also vital to upgrade your content. What is a content upgrade? In short, it is very similar to a lead magnet, meaning that it is a free valuable piece of information. That information can be in the form of articles in the blog, podcast, PDFs & guides, etc.
How can you upgrade your content? Well:
- Make sure your content is relevant to current industry trends & changes
- Go over older articles and make edits for better SEO
- Change up design & graphics to match current trends in visuals more.
- Create PDF guides relevant to your niche
- Organize free webinars & masterclasses
- Host challenges and encourage participation (offer rewards)
- Share case studies relevant to your industry/niche to cultivate trust.
#10 Offer a free introductory module
Many course creators, especially beginners, utilize this approach to get their first clients. All you need to do is offer a free introductory module. Basically, a free introduction class.
If you wonder how it will help you, here is your answer. First of all, it will allow students to understand your style of teaching. Also, when students get to know you, they develop more trust in you as an instructor. At the end of the day, it helps to make the final purchase decision. So to sell online courses, offer an introductory class that best highlights the value of your course.
With a high-quality introductory course, you can encourage students to purchase the full course. Make sure you show the value the course has to offer.
Your introductory class must highlight key takeaways from the course. Also, it should be valuable and accessible. (e.g., students can access it from the landing page dedicated to the course). It also must have a string CTA to encourage students to purchase the full course.
#11 Create shareable graphics to promote your course
Graphics and visuals are excellent ways to promote your course. Make sure that the graphics you create are actionable and sharable. Here is how you do that:
- Create an eye-catching design
- Keep your message clear, short & actionable
- Make sure the images or graphics you use have high quality and are responsive to different screen sizes
- If you share such graphics on the website, then make sure to add social share buttons
- When creating graphics, stick to your branding colors
- Collaborate, encourage shares & track results.
Check out “How to Tips for Creating Social Media Graphics - Graphic Design Tutorial” by Visme to find out more practical tips.
Week 2: Collaboration and Partnership
When you are set with week one and all the steps that came in handy with it, it is time to have a strong kick-start to week two. Week two is going to be focused on collaboration and partnership.
So, if you are ready, let’s start right away.
#12 Engage in cross-promotion with other creators
Cross-promotion is an effective marketing tactic widely utilized among creators nowadays. It is about the collaboration of two or more creators to promote each other’s products/services.
Samples of cross-promotions include
- Joint marketing campaigns. Such campaigns include sharing costs, creating joint content, and hosting joint events.
- Creation of a wholesome course together
- Online promotions to expose other parties’ products/services. E.g., you are a course creator who offers a course in “Digital Marketing.” Find another creator in your industry who offers a course, “Basics of Offline Marketing.” You can collaborate and promote each other’s courses on your websites via backlinks and recommendations.
- Social media collaborations. The most efficient way to engage in cross-promotion is through social media. First of all, it is extremely easy to share one another’s content. Also, you can easily collaborate with other creators to create valuable joint content.
- Budding products. Offer packages that include both your and other creators’ products. E.g., course/s, PDFs & eBooks bundle.
#13 Collaborate with influencers or creators
Besides collaborating with other course creators, start a collaboration with influencers. However, not just any influencer. The influencer you collaborate with must have an audience potentially interested in what you have to offer.
So, here are the main factors to pay attention to when choosing an influencer:
- Understand the relevance of their content to your courses/products/services
- Analyze audience demographics and income potential
- Ask for engagement & impressions analytics
- Pay attention to the credibility and reputation of the influencer
- Understand whether or not their values align with your brand values.
The main benefits you will gain from such kind of collab are:
- Increased reach & trust. Influencers tend to have highly engaged audiences that trust them. Thus, them recommending you automatically increases your reach and credibility.
- Ideal option for highly targeted marketing
- Opportunities for affiliate partnerships. E.g., create an affiliate link for the influencer that they can place within their content. When visitors purchase your products/services from that link, influences also earn money. Thus, they are more motivated to promote you.
For instance, many fitness influencers collaborate with fitness or health and wellness coaches. An example of such collaboration is a collab between Taylor Woods and Madeline Faith Fitness.
#14 Partner with industry associations
During the first month of the course being published, partner with industry associations. This strategy will help you to access established networks and communities.
Essentially Industry Associations are organizations that bring together professionals or businesses together. These offer a variety of networking opportunities that are essential for building up your reputation.
You may be wondering how to choose an industry association. Well, we got you covered. Here are some tips.
- Research associations and create a list of relevant ones
- Attend association events
- Offer value, speak, and establish yourself
- Be communicative and network
- Offer free webinars or workshops
- Collect testimonials
- Build long-term relationships with the association members.
To find out more about influencer marketing, check out the “What are some creative ways to collaborate with influencers beyond product reviews and sponsored posts?” article.
#15 Collaborate with relevant websites or blogs
To attract more customers and gain visibility, consider collaborations with websites and blogs. This strategy is about reviews, backlinks, and recommendations from others to you.
How will it benefit you? Well, first of all, it will result in trust and visibility. Also, such collaborations allow you to get direct exposure to your target audience. Besides, they provide an immense amount of SEO benefits while also serving as social proof.
Finally, when it comes to marketing, it allows you to engage in cross-promotion activities. (however, as a beginner backlink strategy may not work, thus, either offers a free workshop or pay for reviews, backlinks, etc.)
Let’s say there is a website that publishes educational content about “Marketing.” Also, let’s assume you have a course about marketing. Research the relevant websites in the industry that also have blogs. Find relevant people via LinkedIn or their emails with Snov.io. Afterward, reach out to them and make your offer.
#16 Implement a student referral program
One of the most efficient ways to get first clients is to start a student referral program. Such programs tend to bring good results. Essentially you ask your current students to engage in a referral program and bring in their friends, acquaintances, etc.
Such practice increases the course’s reach and, due to word-of-mouth marketing, also contributes to a higher enrollment rate. To motivate students to engage in this you can offer discounts for their studies. E.g., “Bring one friend and get 20% off”.
How does Referral Program Work?
Let’s understand how the student referral program works.
You announce the start of the referral program on various channels, including your website. You can open a separate page on your website dedicated to the program. Make sure you write details on how it works and the benefits students will gain.
Afterward, make sure to provide a unique referral link for each student that they can share. This will allow you to keep track of the performance. Also, it will allow you to reward students who followed the program rules and not lose track of them.
Due to the fact that the program is going to run continuously, make continuous promotions effort.
Ideas for Course Creators
Interested in some specific ideas? Well, we got you covered here as well. As a course creator, you can offer various types of referral rewards. For instance:
- 1:1 sessions. e.G., If a student brings in 5 friends, they can get a 1:1 live session with you.
- Give away rewards such as free in-depth guides or access to one of your courses.
- Offer discounts for next purchases if they bring in a friend.
- Offer % for each sale made through the students’ unique referral link. This might be the most efficient way. Why? As it also allows students to make money, thus motivating them more.
Find out “How to Build a Referral Program” in this article.
#17 Host live webinars or Q&A sessions
Another efficient way to get first clients is by hosting live webinars and Q&A sessions. These are very good lead magnets. If you give value throughout the webinar, participants will be convinced that you are a trustworthy course creator. This increases your chances of making sales.
The main difference is:
- Webinars are educational live classes with little interaction
- Q&A sessions are dedicated to answering questions from potential clients. Thus, these are more interactive.
You can offer a combination of both. E.g., a webinar with a dedicated Q&A session.
Before going live make sure to structure the webinar and come up with answers for the most common questions. Preparing beforehand will allow you to remain calm and professional during the webinar.
#18 Host a contest or giveaway to attract potential customers
As a beginner, you want to gain visibility, right? Well, this can be easily done through hosting contests and giveaways. This method is excellent to encourage participation and create buzz around your brand.
A few tips to take into consideration include:
- Create eye-catching graphics. Visuals allow one to grab and retain attention. Why? As most of us are visual learners.
- Set specific start and end dates for the contest. By doing so, participants will be motivated to follow all the instructions on time.
- Follow up with all the participants. This will allow you to comfort those who did not win. You can use follow-ups to persuade them to participate in upcoming ones.
Well, now you are wondering how to host a giveaway. Is it hard? Actually, no, but it is an excellent way to gain new customers. Essentially you will want to utilize social media platforms for accessibility.
Before starting a giveaway, identify the main goals for it. Afterward, choose the most appropriate social media platform or your target audience. Then, make sure to choose a reward that will motivate people to participate.
For the process to result in success, you must plan your steps, pre and post giveaway follow ups and stick to the plan.
To learn about each of the steps in more detail, check out this article.
#19 Offer a lead magnet to capture email addresses
Lead magnets are essential for any business. So, as a course creator, you do not want to miss out on this opportunity. We have already briefly discussed them. But, now it is time to dive deeper.
So, a lead magnet is something that is appealing to potential clients and provides value. It is technically free. However, users need to exchange their email & name to get it. When they do so, you automatically collect emails from users potentially interested in your products. Leads generated via lead magnets are one of the highest quality ones.
Steps to create a good lead magnet
- To make sure lead magnets work, write a proper title. It must tell the visitor who it’s for, what it is about, and what solution it provides.
- Choose the type of lead magnet. (it is best to create multiple). There are many types, including eBooks, PDFs, infographics, webinars, checklists, templates & scripts, etc.
- Create visually appealing graphics.
- Decide on what page it should be displayed.
- Create pop-ups triggered by specific actions. E.g., when the user performs action X, the pop-up with a lead magnet appears. Action X can be simply scrolling or visiting a certain page.
- Make sure to include a call to action.
Week 3: Limited-Time Offers and Discounts
Week three is going to be focused on offers, discounts, and time-limited exclusives. These trigger purchase behavior. We will explore multiple ways how to promote your offers and get the best possible results.
Let’s just dive into it.
#20 Use targeted Facebook ads
To create buzz around offers, use targeted ads. Let’s specifically talk about Facebook ads.
Here are the steps to take.
- Define your target audience. Take into consideration demographics, interests & behaviors.
- Understand your customer’s pain points & needs to provide solutions.
- Craft an ad copy that grabs attention. Your ad copy must communicate the value/solution you provide. Make sure to mention that the offer is limited to X date.
- Include a strong call to action.
- Create eye-catching visuals. Also, you can include X% off graphics on the visual and write the start and end date on it in big font. Do not overdo it.
- Set up a budget for your Facebook ad campaign. Do not use all the money on one campaign. You must allocate resources strategically to increase results.
- Set up A/B testing. Luckily, Facebook allows you to set up more than one variation fo an ad campaign. So,k make sure to A/B test.
- Track the performance and results of the campaign. Make changes when necessary to get better results.
#21 Run Google Ads
Another method to promote limited-time offers is through Google Ads.
- Identify relevant and high-performing keywords for your niche.
- Create an ad copy utilizing the keywords.
- Create multiple ad variations. This includes changing up the CTA, placements, headlines, keywords, etc.
- Set a well-defined budget.
- Create visuals that are appealing to the potential audience. Visuals must also clearly communicate what the ad is about. Why? As visuals are the first thing we pay attention to.
- Make sure to display that the discount or offer is limited depth in the ad copy & visuals.
- Track the campaign and its performance.
We recommend you spare additional time for these resources.
“Google Ads for Online Courses” Video. Lindsey Anderson covers everything you must know about setting up Google Ads for online courses. Besides, she offers plenty of videos on how to scale your online course business.
“How to use Google Ads in 2023” video tutorial. Metics Media channel’s creator covers everything you must know about setting up successful Google Ads in 2023.
#22 Implement webinar funnels
Weniar funnel, simply put, is a strategy allowing to attract customers through webinars. If you are going to host webinars for lead generation anyway, you must as well put a limited-time offer. E.g. the first 10 to register are getting a 20% off coupon for X course.
Well, as far as we are clear on what a webinar funnel is, let’s take a look at the steps on how to implement one.
- Have a SMART goal/goals in mind. Your goals for the webinar must be specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and time-specific.
- Choose a webinar platform. The best option is to choose a platform that comes in handy with live functionality. An example of such a course creation platform is Uteach.
- Have an agenda/plan for the webinar.
- Craft a compelling description & learning outcome section. These will motivate your audience to take action and participate.
- Include CTA and elaborate on limited offers or discounts within the description of the webinar or in the ad campaign which promotes it.
- Search engine optimization registration page
- Engage with your audience pre-webinar. Send them email reminders, emails with additional useful resources, etc.
- Offer special promotions
- Host a Q&A session after the webinar to engage with the audience.
- Nurture leads through post-webinar follow-ups. This is the stage of the webinar funnel where you can turn leads into real-time customers. So, plan out your campaigns thoroughly.
- Once again, track and evaluate results to improve.
#23 Host virtual summits or events
Same as with webinars, you can host virtual summits or events. These are other good strategies for promoting your limited offers and discounts.
However, these events offer more value to your audience. Instead of just one speaker, you can collaborate with industry experts and have multiple speakers during these events. It will also increase the number of participants as the audience of speakers will also be engaged.
To host a successful virtual summit or event,k you need to:
- Define the objective & theme of the event
- Select speakers and collaborate
- Structure the event
- Create a promotional strategy for the summit
- Keep in touch with potential participants pre-event & follow up with participants after it.
#24 Conduct live challenges or mini-courses
Short-duration interactive online events always are good for promoting deals. Such events are live challenges or mini-courses. Typically these can be conducted over the course of a few days yet have an immense impact on your client base and visibility.
Once again, to create successful ones, you will need to have a clear objective. Also, you have to come up with ideas for challenges or create a wholesome mini-course. After the product is ready, think of promotional strategies. If you are hosting a challenge, make sure to have a unique hashtag strategy. Encourage users participating to use the hashtag on socials.
To ease up the process of idea generation, let’s review a few samples.
Many fitness instructors create fitness challenges. These challenges typically are “X-day transformation challenges.” A popular creator who hosts these types of challenges is Katie, the owner of the Love Sweat Fitness channel. She hosts lots of fitness, slim-down, and transformation challenges. Currently, she is an online fitness coach/course creator.
Similarly to Katie, other creators host challenges or offer free mini-courses. E.g., you can offer a mini-course on X topic. Make sure to properly promote t and encourage users to share. Within the mini-course, you can promote limited-time offers for your paid courses.
#25 Host live demos or sessions
Live demos and sessions are always good for beginner creators to win the trust of the audience. First of all, it is an incredible opportunity for you to engage with your potential customers. It will allow you to showcase your expertise in the best possible way.
It works very similarly to webinars, summits & mini-courses. So, simply follow the same steps but optimize content for demos/sessions.
#26 Offer time-limited flash sales or discounts
Finally, just offer time-limited sales or discounts. Put your existing courses or courses on sale. Besides creating webinars to promote deals, just promote sales deals vis socials and Google.
Keep in mind that these must be time-limited to create a fear of missing out. This will increase conversion rates. Also, such offers will contribute to lesser customer acquisition costs while increasing customer retention rates.
Well, we better review a few tips to help you out. First, set goals for your campaign. Having clear objectives will allow you to efficiently track performance data. This, in turn, allows us to evaluate the results and develop more efficient strategies.
When creating a limited offer, it is vital to set a duration for the sale. To ensure you reach the right people at the right time, segment your audience. Afterward, create campaigns for each segment. Finally, just keep in mind to be responsive and engage with your audience.
Also, check the “Limited-Time Offers: 10 Examples (+Templates) to Boost Sales” article. It covers not only tips & tricks but offers practical templates you can use.
Week 4: Networking and Promotion
Learn to network & properly promote your products. This section of the article will give you practical tips for networking. Also, tips for email marketing and other components of promotions to drive sales.
#27 Attend virtual networking events
Learn to network! Networking in today’s world is a must it opens up a diversity of new opportunities. According to Harvard Business Review, building and nurturing professional relationships also greatly improves the quality of work & satisfaction.
However, networking rules also changed over time. Virtual events are one of the best ways to network to meet industry experts and potential clients. So make sure to:
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends, events & industry-related webinars
- Connect with industry experts on LinkedIn and other social media platforms
- Be collaborative during virtual events. How? Well, ask questions, provide feedback, and participate to showcase your expertise.
- Follow up with your new network after the event.
Must-attend networking events are:
- The Henley Center for Coaching. This center offers plenty of networking events for coaches, trainers, and course creators. Events also have guest speakers who are industry-leading experts.
- The Rebellious Networking Event. This one is not just for networking. It is an educational event for entrepreneurs. It will provide you with the latest tips, updates & trends for thriving businesses.
A simple tip is to connect with professionals in your industry via LinkedIn. Also, keep track of upcoming events, follow companies, and regularly engage.
#28 Leverage email marketing
Email marketing remained one of the most potent and cost-efficient ways of marketing. So, as an online course creator, you must leverage the power of email marketing through efficient campaigns.
Through email campaigns, you can provide updates, value, exclusive offers, and personalization for your audience. But, to make sure your email marketing is on point, follow the tips down below.
- Segment your audience & create different campaigns for each segment
- Build qualified email lists. You can use the Snov.io tool as a bulk email finder and qualifier
- Make sure to warm up your business email inbox before activating a campaign. (otherwise, it will go to spam)
- Conduct regular spam tests of your inbox
- Create warm-up emails, including welcome ones
- Create a chain of emails that provide value, e.g., updates on new blogs posts
- Personalize your emails through fields such as Name, Birthday
- Make sure CTAs are clear
- Utilize the power of automated drip campaigns
- Create a campaign announcing your course launch
- Monitor metrics, conduct A/B campaign testing, and keep improving your strategy.
#29 Use exit-intent pop-ups
Not everyone knows about this strategy; however, all of you should. Exit-intent popups show up when the user intends to exit your site. These aim to keep them longer on the webpage and grab attention.
So, let’s see how you can use these to keep your visitors on your webpage. First show value, and offer a free product with the PopUp. Also, make sure the design of your pop-up is simple & font is readable. People tend to ignore cursive letters or overloaded designs.
Your popups must be visually appealing, have proposition value, and have a call to action. A good example of such is this one:
Why is it good? Well, it has the clear headline “take Mel’s brand New Free Training”. Such wording immediately positions speaks to the reader. After the headline, we see simple keywords that associate with high quality and good value for a free product.
The call to action is to enter your name & email to sign up for free.
#30 Conduct surveys
Conduct surveys to collect feedback and improve your strategies.
Surveys allow you to engage the audience but also gain valuable insights. To make sure your surveys are completed, keep them short and concise. It is best to offer multiple-choice answers or scores (for required questions). Also, you can provide a free-choice question where visitors can share long-form opinions.
Besides surveys to collect feedback, you can also offer fun short quizzes to generate new leads. E.g., “Check your knowledge of Marketing with this Survey.”
To make sure your surveys will work, use proper templates. Check out the “14 of the Best Survey Templates to Put in Front of Your Customers” by HubSpot.
#31 Provide a satisfaction guarantee
New clients are not familiar with your services. Thus, to make the purchase decision, they need reassurance. The reassurance is a satisfaction guarantee. Everything you do must be focused on fostering trustful relationships with your existing and potential customers.
All the ways mentioned above create a wholesome strategy for generating clients and sell online courses. To level it up even further, simply incorporate satisfaction guarantee sentences, testimonials, etc., into your everyday activities (emails, content, etc.).
What is your next step?
Well, what is your actual next step? It is to set up your business website. It will allow you to follow all the sales & promotions strategies mentioned above.
One of the most potent platforms for online educators, instructors, creators, and coaches is Uteach. It is a versatile course creation and management platform. Uteach comes in handy with all the features necessary. These will allow you to build a white-labeled website and efficient pre-recorded and live courses. Also, you will be able to create marketing/promotional campaigns, track results, and build a strong community.
Take your business to the next level with us.
Uteach is with you all the way toward success.