With the increasing popularity of VILT, there is a demand for good platforms. But what is a good platform?
There are various criteria to define the truly beneficial platform for virtual trainers. Therefore, this article will discuss the seven best VILT platforms and how to choose the right one for you.
So, if you are ready, let’s start!
The following article covers:
What are VILT platforms and their function?
VILT platforms are essentially platforms that allow instructors to host virtual training programs.
These platforms come in handy with features such as:
- Video conferencing, live session tools
- Various automation to save your time on routine tasks
- Quiz and Test Builders to ensure student engagement in the learning process, and your ability to track their progress
- Analytics tools
- Many more
The purpose of these platforms is to provide you with space and tools sufficient for successful virtual instructor-led training.
Nowadays, these platforms also should offer business and marketing management tools. A platform is considered to be the best when it also offers an easy and feature-rich experience.
How the right platform can benefit your training
Well, why should you dig deeper and find the right platform? First of all, due to the multiple benefits you will gain.
Let’s take a look at some:
- Customization options will allow you to create something truly unique and stand out from the rest.
- The right platform will save you time and money. Due to offerings of affordable pricing plans and automation on routine tasks.
- Information about payments, student-related data, etc., will be stored and accessed from one place.
- Content diversification and organization are yet another benefit you will gain.
- All the tools necessary for hosting a successful virtual instructor-led training session will be available in one place.
- Being able to manage everything from one place will make the process of engaging students a lot easier.
Indeed, these are not the only benefits you will gain by choosing the right platform. There are many more, but for now, let’s keep going.
Key factors to consider when choosing a VILT platform
It is time to dive deeper into the criteria to look for in a platform of your choice. Are you ready? Let’s get going!
First and foremost, consider compatibility with other tools. The platform of your choice should ease your life. So, it must come in handy with useful third-party integrations. These integrations will allow you to experience more enhanced training creation. Yet, they will operate seamlessly, not causing overloaded workflows.
Secondly, consider the responsiveness of the platform. Don’t forget that many users will access your training from mobile devices, iPads, or tablets. Therefore, you must ensure that your training sessions will work and look visually pleasing on every screen. This depends on the platform you use. Some offer responsiveness as one of the key features, while others do not.
Analytics is another vital factor when considering which platform to choose. Great built-in analytics will provide you with an unbelievable amount of benefits. Forts of all, you can grab user-related data and better understand your audience. You can use data for further marketing tactics and strategy improvements. And you can use the data to benefit the users and develop better motivation techniques to help them keep learning.
Let’s not forget about the White Labeling factor if you plan on expanding your business. The platform of your choice must offer customs domain and white labeling. To allow you to do successful branding.
Customization options should not lack either. If you want to stand out from the rest, you need a powerful website & course builder that are built-in within the platform of your choice. These will allow you to customize your website and courses, offering an exceptional experience for your clients.
These were the Top 5 key factors to consider when choosing a VILT platform. Now, let’s dive into the practical part of this article, the platforms.
Top 7 virtual instructor-led training platforms
It is time for us to review the Top 7 Virtual Instructor-led Training platforms. All of the platforms on this list offer incredible features that will keep you satisfied. You can confidently choose any of them.
Our experts did careful research and testing before providing us with the list.
Uteach is at the top of our list due to its potent features. With features and built-in tools that come in handy with Uteach, you will gain every opportunity to expand your business successfully.
You will be able to provide a wide range of diversified educational content. This range can include physical & digital products (courses, training, webinars, live sessions, e-books, audios, etc.)
Now let’s see how to make use of Uteach.
Let's, without further ado, take a look at the main features.
- Website Builder comes in handy with pre-made themes & templates to save you time. Plus, it allows you to build & customize your website in a visual drag & drop editor. One of the main Pros is that it does not require coding skills.
- Course Builder will allow you to publish full-featured training sessions with additional materials. It will give you the perfect tools to organize everything properly and provide the best experiences for your learners. Plus, it has SEO-optimization boxes to rank high on SERPs driving more visibility.
- Easy-to-use Dashboard even for beginners. One of the best features is the extremely easy-to-use UI. Even though it is packed with features and tools, it remains simple & intuitive.
- End-to-end live sessions. Uteach was the first platform that bought to market end-to-end live session features.
- The Blog feature will greatly benefit you as well. You can start your business with Uteach, plus a blog alongside. The blog will help you fulfill organic marketing goals and drive more traffic.
- Certificate & Quiz builder tools to keep users motivated and engaged throughout the learning process
- Built-in Analytics to keep track of users’ progress and utilize data further for marketing strategy improvements
- Automation features such as messaging, notifications, attendance checking, homework, calendar
- Integrations with famous third-party tools to make your life easier
- The Mobile App ensures that learning is accessible for everyone, even on the go.
Also, it is worth mentioning that Uteach gives you total control over your business from one dashboard. You can keep track of everything, even payments & email marketing, from it.
Uteach offers three main pricing plans that are:
- Basic ($39/mo, $29/mo if purchased annually)
- Pro ($99/mo, $79/mo if purchased annually)
- Business ($249/mo, $199/mo if purchased annually)
You can also make use of 14-day free trial.
Uteach is good not only for virtual instructor-led training but also for pre-recorded courses, webinars, and coaching sessions.
Another quite well-known platform good for Virtual instructor-led training is Thinkific.
Thinkific allows you to create courses, host live sessions, and monetize your knowledge. It offers all the necessary features to leave your boring job and start an online teaching business.
So, let’s dive into the features.
- Course Builder, with which you can create and organize course content, sell it and make passive income
- Communities feature that focuses on providing a collaborative learning experience.
- Membership site building that comes in handy with features such as user role management
- A Website Builder that offers pre-made themes & templates for better customization.
- Integrations for better automation processes
- Detailed analytics tool to provide better insights into users & efficiency of your virtual training
- Start ($99/mo, $74/mo if purchased annually)
- Grow ($199/mo, $149/mo if purchased annually)
- Expand ($499/mo, $374/mo if purchased annually)
The cons of this platform include high prices.
The next platform for VILT is Kajabi.
With Kajabi, you can create coaching programs, virtual training sessions, podcasts, memberships, and communities. It comes in handy with many useful management features and online teaching business growth.
So, let’s take a look at the primary features.
- Management tools, including payments and contacts management
- Analytics tool to keep track of students and their progress, as well as utilize data for marketing and quality improvement purposes
- Mobile app to make learning even more accessible for the students
- Website Builder & Unlimited Hosting for a smooth customization experience
- White labeling features such as customs domain
- Pre-made page templates that are proven to be convertible
- Quiz Builder tool to keep learners engaged
Let’s take a look at the pricing.
- Build Mode (Free)
- Basic ($149/mo, $119/mo if purchased annually)
- Grow ($199/mo, $159/mo if purchased annually)
- Expand ($399/mo, $319/mo if purchased annually)
Now, it is time to dive into the next best platform for VILT - Teachable.
This platform offers lots of cool features that you can make use of. It will indeed make sure to improve your user experience as well as your learners’ experience.
So, without further hesitation, let’s take a look at the main features.
- Building - website & course builder
- Growth - monetization through selling various types of education-related content
- Management - tax management, insights, copywriting protection, and built-in CRM
Also, it is worth mentioning that Teachable offers incredible support. So, if you face difficulties throughout your journey, simply contact the support team.
- Basic ($39/mo, $29/mo if purchased annually)
- Pro ($119/mo, $99/mo if purchased annually)
- Business ($299/mo, $249/mo if purchased annually)
Even though this platform works truly fast & well, the pricing is expensive. It is especially pricey for beginners who do not have an established client base and approximate monthly revenue rate.
As the name of this platform suggests, it was originally created for coaches. To be precise, it is truly fit for coaching sessions. So, if you plan on hosting those, this can be your ultimate best choice.
It comes in handy with features such as:
- Allows community creation to improve peer-to-peer communication
- Progress tracking tools
- Messaging tools to keep communication always on point
You can use this platform for free if you have up to 5 clients. Hoover, if you have more clients, then you got to purchase one of the paid plans based on your current needs.
One of the Cons of this platform is that pricing plans are not that affordable. Plus, it is quite a niche-specific platform. So, it is not for you if you plan to offer diversified education content.
Udemy is a famous platform for online course creators. It will work just fine for you if you want to provide users with pre-recorded virtual instructor-led training courses.
The main feature is the outstanding course builder. You can register an account and start building your course for sales. You will get an incredible course builder that is feature rich and full of organization tools.
Also, you can publish as many free or paid courses as you would like. However, you will receive 37% of the revenue with each sale. But keep in mind that if a sale occurred through instructor promotion (e.g., coupon or referral link of yours),you would get to keep 97% of the revenue.
Even though it offers so many benefits, it lacks creator independence. It is not your website; rather, you are a member of a community. But, it is still a good place to start and build an audience before switching to your fully white-labeled business website.
Of course, in the "Best" list, we could not exclude Podia.
Podia is an amazing platform for virtual instructors, coaches, and course creators. You can create and successfully manage your independent e-learning business.
The main features include the following:
- Pre-sell courses feature
- Quiz creation tool
- Coupons & discounts to help you drive in more sales
- Digital downloads
- Bundle sales
- Powerful community to keep track of the trends in the market.
And all of these features also come at affordable prices.
- Mover ($39/mo, $33/mo if purchased annually)
- Shaker ($89/mo, $75/mo if purchased annually)
- Earthquaker ($199/mo, $166/mo if purchased annually)
Ready to start your training business?
Are you ready to start a new chapter in your life?
Have you long enough been wondering about starting an online business? Then, here is the sign for you to get started.
Choose the best platform to fulfill your needs. Stop hesitating, and stop saying tomorrow every single day; there is no RIGHT TIME. The right time is right here and right now.
One of the best platforms we will recommend to you is Uteach. It is simple to use, full-featured, and extremely beginner friendly. Yet, it is potent automation with which you can start and further expand your business.