As an online creator, you understand the importance of a reliable platform to share your knowledge and engage with your audience. LearnWorlds has been a popular choice for many creators; however, exploring the alternatives to find the perfect fit for your specific needs is also necessary.
In this article, we will dive into the top seven platforms that are comparable to LearnWords in 2023. We have chosen these platforms based on their features, pricing, user reputation, and pros & cons.
Let’s see how they can help to make the course creation, delivering & selling more enjoyable and easier.
The following article covers:
LearnWorlds is an all-in-one platform for creating and selling online courses, training, and membership sites. Due to its powerful features, creators are able to offer engaging and unique learning experiences to their students.
One of its advantages is that LearnWorlds enables you to add interactive elements to the course, such as a transcript, images, text, pop-ups, and other interaction buttons. With gamification features, your students will indeed watch the video material until the end. Many other functionalities are making LearnWorlds one of the platforms online creators like the most.
They include the following:
- Compelling course creation with drip feed feature. You can later get insights into your course about how the students are doing.
- Online exam and assessment builders. The results of these quizzes can be tracked using the grade book. You will be able to integrate the results from the SCORM packages.
- Opportunities to build a 100% white-label website with pop-ups and other specifics.
- Integrations with more than 13 payment gateways, including Stripe, PayPal, Shopify, iDeal, etc., to make payments more manageable.
- Subscriptions and bundle options
- Tools to measure the progress and automated reports.
Although all these tools are essential for successful course building and business management, LearnWords also has some shortcomings we need to consider.
Why still consider another platform?
You will not have enough opportunities if you want to offer something extra apart from courses, such as digital downloads, products, and coaching. There are no built-in email marketing tools to make your courses accessible to a broader audience. This means you will have to look for external tools. As for the reporting, the analytical tools provide basic data and need improvement.
Let’s not forget to look at the pricing options:
- Starter plan: $24/month and $ 5 extra for each purchased course
- Pro Trainer plan: $79/month
- Learning center plan: $249/month
- High Volume and Corporate
If you found the pricing expensive, we have a list of alternatives worth looking at!
Uteach is the number one alternative to LearnWorlds, and let us tell you why. It is a versatile and all-in-one platform for online course creators, coaches, trainers, businesses, and every party involved in the online education business.
From delivering and selling courses to results tracking and complete business management, Uteach offers every helpful feature to save you time & money.
- Drip scheduling feature so you can better manage when you want every episode accessible to the students. Due to it, the learners will not feel overwhelmed but motivated to complete the online course.
- Opportunities to keep your content interactive with various quizzes, reviews, and comments. This means you can increase the students' retention percentage.
- Establishing your branding by getting the 100% white labeling feature
- Built-in SEO tools. Uteach ensures each of your courses and products appears on the top of search engine results pages.
- Integrations with your favorite tools include MailChimp, Zapier, Pabbly, and Google integrations.
- A mobile app for iOS and Android so that the students can access the courses on-the-go
- Email, quizzes, notifications, and teaching automation to save you time
These are just half of the functionalities Uteach offers.
There are three affordable plans available. Besides, you can try Uteach for 14 days for free.
- Starter: $29/month
- Expert: $79/month
- Business: $199/month
- Capterra: 5 stars
- G2: 5 stars
- Get App: 4.8 stars
- Trustpilot: 4.6 stars
What people say
Uteach users have left lots of positive reviews on the most credible review platforms. People mainly mention how easy Uteach is to use. They are satisfied with the responses of the always-available support team. What people liked most about Uteach is that it is full of useful integrations and a local payment gateway.
A review from one of Uteach’s creators Susan M. reads as follows:
“I'm so glad I found Uteach!!! Uteach is the best platform for online classes. Setup is easy & it includes everything I need now & as my business grows. If I do have a question they have great step by step videos on YouTube. They even have a newsletter notifying if updates & tutorials. I will be launching in a couple of weeks and I'm so glad my site will look professional.”
If you want to find out more about the exciting features, book a demo now and get first-hand experience!
- Free set up of your website
- Incredible and easy-to-navigate interface
- A wide range of payment methods, so choose the one you prefer
- No additional fees, transaction fees or hidden fees
- There are not many gamification options & tools available.
When looking for platforms comparable to LearnWorlds, Thinkific may be considered a good alternative. It offers powerful functionalities so you can create and sell courses, build your website, promote your products, and engage with your community.
Although Thinkific and LearnWorlds share common features, their functionality levels greatly differ. For example, Thinkific emphasizes the fact that its course builder is easy-to-use.
Here are other essential features:
- Drag & drop course builder to create regular and self-paced courses easily
- Multimedia Live lessons and coaching, due to which you will bring more variety into your content
- Assignments, quizzes, and certificates so that both you and your students can follow the progress
- Community, where like-minded people can meet and hold discussions
- Customizable themes and pages you can personalize with advanced HTML/CSS
- Thinkific App Store, where you can use more than eighty apps
- Integrations with helpful apps, such as Zapier, AWeber, Typeform, ConvertKit, etc.
- Payment gateways, such as Thinkific Payments, PayPal, and Stripe.
Thinkific offers five main plans for starters and for those wanting to scale their business.
- Free: $0
- Basic: $36
- Start: $74
- Grow: $149
- Expand: $374
Here is the list of Thinkific ratings from the lowest to the highest scores.
- Get App: 4.5 stars
- Capterra: 4.5 stars
- G2: 4.7 stars
- Trustpilot: 4.7 stars
What people say
Thinkific users have left helpful reviews on various platforms. Most of them would like to have more opportunities for website building. According to them, there are not enough blocks to customize the landing pages according to their preferences. Other users would like more integrations.
Overall, users seem to be happy with their experience with Thinkific. They especially like how the student community helps them to create classes which are in demand. As for the customer support, most of the reviewers are also satisfied.
- One of the few platforms having a free version available
- Offers comprehensive features for creating courses
- Supports multimedia content for the courses
- Thinkific may not be easy-to-use, especially for beginners.
- The platform does not offer built-in email-marketing tools.
- The website templates are limited.
Podia is a great alternative to LearnWorlds. You can create and sell nearly everything on this platform, including online courses, webinars, eBooks, coaching & consultations, digital downloads, and many other products. Besides the one mentioned above, Podia enables the creation of free and paid communities & memberships.
Podia offers a wide range of features to start and scale your online teaching business. The common features Podia and LearnWorlds share include drip content, video hosting, comments for courses, and importing & downloading the content.
However, the process is easier with Podia if we are merely speaking about course building.
Other features helping you to get things done efficiently and quickly include the following:
- Opportunities to pre-sell your course before actually launching it.
- Coaching and webinars as a means to provide diverse learning opportunities to your learners
- Suggesting upsells with every course or product, which increases the sales potential.
- Unlimited video bandwidth so that you do not have to use third-party tools. (This feature is available for higher plans).
- Creating various types of quizzes to support your course and track your learners’ progress
- Opportunities to offer everything that you have (courses & products) in bundles and use digital downloads as lead magnets
- Creation and publishing of different topics you can build the community around
- Integrations with popular platforms, such as YouCanBookMe, SavvyCal, Acuity, etc.
Podia has three plans available, including a free version.
- Free: $0/month
- Mover: $33/month
- Shaker: $75/month
Podia ratings are presented from the lowest to the highest.
- Trustpilot: 3.8 stars
- G2: 4.5 stars
- Get App: 4.6 stars
- Capterra: 4.6 stars
What people say
The users are satisfied with the customer support Podia offers. One thing many users mentioned when rating Podia is the friendly UI and UX. They have described it as an “all-in-one digital e-commerce solution.”
However, others mention that the course creation is not dynamic and the process takes long.
- Belongs to a range of a few platforms offering a free plan with & no transaction fees
- The platform is beginner-friendly and easy to set up.
- You can offer multiple types of digital products
- There is no mobile app available
- Lack of advanced customization and white-labeling options
TalentLMS is another alternative to LearnWorlds. It includes everything you need to manage and deliver courses. It’s rather content-friendly, so you can include different multimedia elements, such as video, presentation, documents, etc.
Talent LMS features
It is not only about courses. You can offer training sessions, quizzes, tests, and assignments for a complete learning experience. Other Talent LMS features include the following:
- Ability to build courses from scratch or use the drag & drop feature
- Opportunity to categorize your courses based on different topics and principles so that the students can find them more easily
- Survey creation. You will be able to collect information on your student’s learning journey and analyze all submitted answers.
- Assessment. The evaluation is conducted via quizzes of different types, such as multiple choice, open-ended questions, and the like.
- Gamification. Award your students with badges and give them points to increase motivation.
- Video conferencing tools. They include Zoom meetings, Microsoft Teams, and GoToTraining.
TalentLMS integrates well with SalesForce, Zoom, Zapier, BigBlueButton, BambooHR, and other useful tools.
TalentLMS has 6 pricing plans available, including a forever-free plan. They include the following:
- Starter: $69/month
- Basic: $149/month
- Plus: $279/month
- Premium: $459/month
- Enterprise: contact the team for pricing information
- Forever free plan
You can see TalentLMS rating from the lowest to the highest.
- Trustpilot: 4.1 stars
- G2: 4.6 stars
- Get App: 4.7 stars
- Capterra: 4.7 stars
What people say
All in all, people got a positive experience from TalentLMS. Most customers refer to it as an efficient way to create and deliver online courses. They describe the support team as “helpful and timely”.
Another thing users like about TalentLMS is the analytical and reporting capabilities. However, they would like to see functionalities customizing the storefront and course pages.
- User-friendly interface
- Supports interactive features and multimedia options for course creation
- Offers a library of ready-made courses on various topics
- It is pricier than other available alternatives.
- It lacks some essential features, such as automated grading and scheduling
- Almost all the plans put limits on the users and branches
Kajabi is an excellent platform for creating, delivering, and selling online courses. No wonder it is included in our list of best LearnWorlds alternatives. So, how exactly is it comparable to LearnWorlds? Not only can you offer courses, but you also create podcasts, masterclasses, training, coaching, and memberships.
Unlike LearnWorlds, Kajabi has many pre-made templates for mini-courses, online courses, and drip courses. It is especially useful when creating the course structure, as all you have to do is to follow the template. Here are other features you may find exciting:
- Ability to design various types of courses using templates or starting from scratch
- A mobile app that makes your courses accessible for the students anytime & anywhere
- Opportunities to increase revenue by building sales funnels and running marketing campaigns
- Podcasts alongside courses as a means to attract new students
- Video sessions and challenges inside the community to keep the learners engaged
- Reporting tools to get insights into your website page performance, students’ progress, and sales.
- Integrations with MailChimp, Drip, ConvertKit, and others for sales and marketing
Kajabi also has interactive video creation tools for your courses. Although the course builder does not offer a video editor, you can still add captions, questions, and images.
Kajabi has three pricing plans and an opportunity for a free trial.
- Basic- $149/month
- Growth- $199/month
- Pro- $399/month
You can see Kajabi's ratings from the most popular review platforms listed down below.
- Capterra: 4.4 stars
- Get App: 4.4 stars
- G2: 4.5 stars
- Trustpilot: 4.6 starts
What people say
Kajabi users left insightful reviews on the most popular review platforms. So, the following points are presented based on that data. Many of the users found the assessment features limited, mentioning they need more flexibility for getting the assessment results. In the meantime, the rest of the users praise Kajabi’s content-organizing features.
According to one of the users, different templates and layouts help to make their content easily-digestible for students. However, the landing pages and membership programs still need improvement.
Let’s discuss the pros & cons to see if you can relate to the above-mentioned statements.
- Offers free resources (courses) about how to start and grow an online teaching business
- Offers mobile learning opportunities via Kajabi mobile app
- You have the chance to create a community
- The pricing is too expensive as we compare it to other platforms with the same features.
- The pricing plans set limits in numbers on your offers.
FreshLearn is another platform worth considering when you are looking for LearnWorlds alternatives. It is an all-in-one platform with a course builder to create courses as well as market products easily. One of the advantages of this platform is fast video hosting. It enables awarding certificates upon completion and supports Stripe, PayPal, and Razorpay.
FreshLearn comes in handy with other helpful features, making it an excellent alternative for LearnWorlds.
- Drag & drop course builder, allowing the creation of impactful cohort-based and self-paced courses.
- Course personalization with branding elements
- Diversity in terms of the content types, including sliders, videos, audios, texts, images, and the like
- In the checkout journey, single-use and bulk coupons may be used in emails or other channels & products.
- Easy creation of quizzes and assessments to enhance the learning experience
- A thriving community where learners can connect with the experts and learn from them, as well as their peers
- Implementation of gamification techniques, such as points, reviews, and gifts.
- Insightful reports into the course performance and your revenue
Besides helpful features, you can find three pricing plans for FreshLearn. They include the following:
- Free plan: $0
- Pro plan: $39/per month
- No Brainer: $69 per month
As for the other alternative platforms in our list, FreshLearn ratings are also presented from the lowest to the highest.
- Capterra: 3.8 stars
- Get App: 3.8 stars
- Trustpilot: 4.5 stars
- G2: 4.6 stars
What people say
FreshLearn users are overall happy with their choice of platform. They mainly mention the platform being easy to use. Most reviewers are satisfied with the responsive support team. They found the platform to be easy-to-navigate and set up.
- Supports multiple payment options, such as membership or one-time
- The themes and designs are mobile-responsive
- You get the opportunity to translate your courses into different languages
- A paucity of useful integrations (they are extremely limited)
- There is no free trial to get started
#7 360 Learning
360 Learning is a potent LMS solution offering many collaborative learning opportunities. In fact, this platform brings together the LMS and LXP functionalities.
Here you can easily create & sell courses with one significant difference: the courses online creators share on 360Learning are mainly intended for employees within companies.
With its focus on employee skill development, 360 Learning differs in its features from LearnWorlds. You can be the coach or the trainer within a particular company and offer comprehensive courses to your peers. The main features of this platform are listed below.
- Complete automation of assignments, notifications, attendance, and course reviews.
- Creating and managing translations for your courses in different languages from one place.
- Scheduling live training, virtual training via Zoom sessions, and in-person training
- Assigning tasks and setting deadlines so that every member knows what they are responsible for.
- Creating and running forums to foster discussions.
- Motivating your learners by awarding achievements for the work they did.
360Learning integrates well with many useful apps and tools to keep the course delivery seamless. The integrations include HiBob, Genially, Loom, Salesforce, Microsoft Teams, and many others.
360Learning offers only 2 plans and a free trial:
- Team plan: $8 for every registered user/month (limited to 1000 users a month)
- Business: custom pricing
The rating picture of 36-Learning is as follows:
- Trustpilot: 4.1 stars
- Capterra: 4.6 stars
- G2: 4.6 stars
- Get App: 4.6 stars
What people say
Most users and businesses found it hard to get the head or tail of the platform at the beginning.
However, they are satisfied with the customer support and an online training academy to provide instant help. The analytical tools are reported to be unfriendly. However, reviewers like it for it combines content creation and course management capabilities.
- Supports a gamification format
- Offers a Mobile app with end-to-end customization
- Offers lots of integrations for every aspect of your business
- Getting a knack for all the features is hard, especially if you are a small company.
- The pricing plans are not flexible, charging for every user per month.
- The reporting tools need improvement.
Most affordable LearnWorlds alternatives
To sum up our list of the seven best LearnWorlds alternatives, let’s review the most affordable options:
- Uteach: $29/month, $79/month, $179/month
- Podia: $0/month, $33/month, $75/month
- FreshLearn: $0/month, $39/month, $69/month
Most feature-rich alternatives
These platforms incorporate the key functionalities necessary for scaling your online teaching business:
- Uteach: has SEO-functionalities built in. The platforms supports many local payment gateways, and the list keeps beeing updated.
- Podia: provides upselling opportunities for all your products and allows creating bundles
- Kajabi: allows increasing sales by building sales funnels
The best LearnWorlds all-in-one alternative for you
Indeed, choosing a teaching platform is a difficult task. Combining the benefits and finding the golden mean is hard through the vast possibilities of all these platforms. However, we want to ease the decision-making for you by mentioning the best LearnWorlds alternative is Uteach.
Unlike LearnWorlds, you can offer whatever you like on Uteach. It includes live sessions, coaching sessions, and digital & physical products. Besides creating, Uteach also takes care of the marketing part. The built-in SEO tools ensure your courses are always available at the top of search engine results pages.
We do not mean to brag; you can see that for yourself. Book a demo now and see how it feels like to be an independent creator.