Thinkific is one of the most well-known platforms for hosting online courses. Even though it is one of the best, there are still many other worthy competitors.
Therefore, in this article, we are going to review Thinkific and 57 Alternatives that you can choose from. We aim to ease up your choice and save you time on research.
So, if you are ready, let’s start!
The following article covers:
Other 50 Thinkific alternatives
All about Thinkific
First of all, let’s review Thinkific. Thinkific is an amazing course creation platform that allows you to turn your knowledge into a business.
Thinking is a platform that allows you to quickly and efficiently design a professional website for your e-learning business, publish the courses and start selling right away. Now, I will suggest that we take a look at this platform in more depth.
So, the main features of Thinkific are:
- Creation of various products. Thinkific allows you to deliver content both as online courses and as live lessons.
- Website building. It allows you to build a website without any design or coding skills.
- Allows monetizing your knowledge by turning it into the structure of pre-recorded courses and selling those with Thinkific
- Gives you various tools to build and engage your learning community
- Profiles & Mentions, and Reactions features
- White labeling functionality is available
- Unlimited admins
- Bulk sell that will allow you to sell multiple seats for one course to one single buyer
- Self-paced classes & Schedules.
- Certificates of completion - you can also create and provide students that get done with the course with a professional certificate which will motivate them to finish the course even more.
- Availability to create and incorporate engaging quizzes to enhance the overall learning processes
- Course payment options
I would not say that the prices are too high. However, they are higher than the “affordable price range” for beginners. Any new business requires a certain amount of starting capital and should be smartly distributed between various aspects.
Thinkfic offers 4 Pricing Plans, including the Free one. Each pricing plan varies in price depending on the monthly or annual subscription.
Free: The free version of Thinkific allows you to use the core features; however, you can publish a limited amount of courses and only have one admin.
The Basic Plan’s price varies between $49 - $39 per month, depending on what subscription type you will choose, annual or monthly. With the basic plan, you will get unlimited courses, students, and the opportunity to publish unlimited content. Also, this plan supports live chat and, coupons & promotions.
The Pro Plan cost varies from $99 to $79 monthly. With this plan, you get everything that the basic one offers, plus two site admin accounts, priority support, private & hidden courses option, single communities, and completion certificates. Also, you will be able to host live lessons and use advanced course-building functionality, which will enhance your experience with the course-building.
Also, there is a plan called - Premier. This is the fourth and the most expensive plan available. Depending on your monthly subscription type, you can get Premiere from $499 to $399. This plan is for those who plan on building a full-features e-learning business and expanding their company furtherly, besides just doing individual courses. This plan gives an opportunity to have five site admins, unlimited communities, white labeling, and API access as well.
Thinkific offers a lot of benefits as well; the primary ones are:
- It offers enough features that allow course creators to fastly ad efficiently deliver new content, including courses
- Incredible support that is fast and always on-point
- Most parts of the interface are quite easy-to-use and navigate through
However, despite all the advantages, there are certain drawbacks:
- The user interface of the website builder could be more user/beginner-friendly
- Expensive pricing plans - many of the Thinkific alternatives offer the same features and even more for far less investment required.
- Uploading speed is quite slow when working with heavy documents; once again, this aspect could be improved as many platforms have better speed performance.
Also, multiple third-party rating platforms have reviews on Thinkific written and rated by different users. The ratings are presented down below.
G2 is a trustful platform where anyone can review ratings from real users of various products. Thinkific’s rating in G2 is 4.5 stars which is quite a promising result.
Trustpilot: Another review website where you can gather honest opinions of real users is Trustpilot, where Thinkific’s rating is around 4.6 stars. Many rates it as Excellent (77%),and some rate it as Great (17%). Only 2% rated it as poor, and 1% as bad.
Capterra: On this platform, Thinkific’s rating is also 4.6 stars.
So, as you can see, based on the rating websites where real users do all the ratings, Thinkific is a promising and nice course creation platform. However, it still has certain drawbacks and is quite pricey. Therefore, we are going to review the alternatives of Thinfic right away.
Best 7 Thinkific Alternatives
There are many platforms on the e-learning market for course creators and those who want to establish a full-featured e-learning business. Now it is time to review the best 7 Thinkific alternatives in today’s market. Let’s start!
Uteach is getting first place on this list. It is one of the easy-to-use and feature-rich online course creation platforms.
Moreover, Uteach is more than a course creation and sales platform. All-in-one automation lets you host your whole e-learning business from one place. You can create a website with the builder, do marketing and live sessions and even have a blog and full control over every aspect from a single & simple back-end dashboard.
Now, I suggest that we take a look at the Main Features of this incredible platform. And the main features are:
- Full Automation of the Teaching processes through tools such as quizzes, certifications, notifications, attendance checking, calendar, live lessons, and homework assignments
- White labels: also, Uteach ensures that you have full control over your business and domain by providing white labeling opportunities for you.
- Sell both physical and digital products.
- Mobile application that is available both for Android and IOS
- Potent marketing tools to grow your business, including - custom domains, sales & coupons
- SEO optimization tools to ensure that your website ranks high on SERPs
- Blog - you can even add a blog to your website and publish various articles there, SEO-optimizing them in order to gain organic traffic to your website
- Website Builder that offers an incredible drag & drop editor alongside the visual builder
- Course builder that comes in with every necessary feature to easily create a course, including SEO optimization fields
- And many other features that are available step-by-step
Currently, Uteach offers four pricing plans: Free Basic Pro and Business. The most popular and optimal version remains the Pro one. Let’s take a look at each plan individually.
The Free version allows you to access the basic features of the platform. You will get access to publishing and starting sales for up to 3 courses, unlimited students, a 7% fee per sale, a default template, and a payment gateway.
Meanwhile, with the Basic ($29/month) version, you can publish unlimited courses, have one admin, a payment gateway, no transaction fees, and forms. But besides all of those, you will also get unlimited storage, custom domain, integrations, and products.
Even though the Basic version comes in handy with many useful features, the most optimal one remains the Pro ($79/month). The Pro version of this automation offers everything that the Basic plan does, plus up to 5 admins, automated quizzes, certificates, student data integration, white labeling, apps, and most importantly, live lessons. So, the Pro Version is ultimately the best plan to host an e-learning business.
Also, there is one more plan called - Business ($199/month). It offers everything that the pro version does, plus up to 20 admins, a personal manager, and priority product support.
The prices are mentioned if the platform is billed annually; if you decide to pay each month, then the pricing will be:
- Basic - $39
- Pro - $99
- Business - $249
So, as you can notice, Uteach pricing shows not only all the amazing features the platform offers, but it is also far more affordable than Thinkific.
- Offers a smooth experience enhancing the overall user experience
- Amazing and user-friendly interface that anyone can use without highly savvy tech skills
- End-to-end live lesson automation
- Lots of third-party integrations
- An all-in-one platform that allows you to manage multiple aspects of your business from one place
- Feature-rich - literally provides you with everything necessary to start and expand your e-learning business. New features are in Uteach’s plans, such as a membership website, course bundles, etc.
- It doesn't currently have a calendar/time management feature that allows students to book a consultation time
Now, it is time to take a look at the ratings of Uteach on various third-party platforms.
Capterra: Uteach has a 5-star rating in Capterra, which is one of the most popular review platforms for real-time users. This once again indicates the high-quality and good performance of Uteach.
Trustpilot: Uteach has a 4-star rating, one of the highest rates in this industry. Reviewers mostly like the simplicity of the platform.
Even the ratings indicate the reliability of the platform. You can read about Uteach customers on the “Our Customers” page.
So, Uteach is officially the number one best alternative to Thinkific, as it has full-featured automation, easy-to-use UI, full customization and is even more affordable.
LearnWorlds is another great alternative for Thinkific. LearnWorlds is also an online course certain platform that is perfectly acceptable and reliable for various course creators. So, let’s take a closer look at this platform.
So, the main features of this platform that also allow you to monetize your knowledge are:
- Course builder that offers synchronized transcript, interactions, and interaction statistics
- Marketing & Sales tools such as coupons & promotions, memberships & subscriptions that you can sell, and affiliate marketing tools
- It also offers white labeling and Custom domains.
- Website builder with templates and customization options
- Mobile app builder for your brand that is fully white-labeled
LearnWorlds comes in with four pricing plans, including:
Starter - this plan’s price varies from $24 - $29 (depending on what type of subscription you purchase monthly or yearly). With the starter plan, you can have only one admin, custom domain, unlimited paid courses, popups, site pages (up to 3),an SSL certificate, and some basic integrations. If you were just starting out in the industry and chose LearnWorlds, then this plan will work just fine for the beginning.
The Pro Trainer plan is for professionals with a price of $79 - $99.
Another plan that LearnWorlds offer is called - Learning Center. This plan comes with lots of necessary features, including but not limited to up to 20 pre-defined/custom user roles, bulk actions, multiple accounts for Zoom & Webex, Insights & Reports on the course, Integration, and, most importantly, 24/7 support.
And the last plan is High Volume or Corporate pricing is personal and depends on the request. It comes with all the features from the learning center plus an account manager, bulk enrollments, tailored prices, and premium support options.
- A legit platform that allows you to monetize your knowledge by doing what you love easily
- Amazing user interface that does not cause any difficulties while using
- It gives every necessary tool to create and promote your online courses
- Could offer more tools related to management
- Although the user interface is nice, there are certain areas it lacks and could be improved.
- It does not offer a free version
- Quite pricey especially considering that Uteach offers most of the features and, in some areas, even more; however, it remains more affordable than LearnWorlds
Now, it is time to look at this platform’s ratings.
G2: The rating of LearnWorlds in G2 is 4.6 stars.
Trustpilot: In Trustpilot, however, the ratings of LearnWorlds are around 3.8 stars.
Capterra: And, finally, in Capterra, the ratings are quite high as well; the rating there are 4.7 stars.
So, as the ratings indicate, the platform is reliable. However, reviewing Trustpilot’s reviews, many are not satisfied with the support team’s responses.
Check Uteach vs LearnWorlds.
Teachable is another course creation platform that is quite a good alternative for Thinkific. It offers lots of useful features to create and sell your courses. So, let’s take a more detailed look into it.
The main features of Teachable that make it such an incredible and, most importantly, useful platform are:
- Course & website builder to offer high-quality products with a nice interface. You will get all the necessary tools to build a good-looking website and create amazingly structured courses for your students with those.
- Certificate creation tools
- Potent insights to base further development plans on
- Custom user roles & automated payouts to manage the workforce efficiently
- Incredible tools for tax management
Teachable offers four pricing plans as the other platforms mentioned in this article. However, unlike LearnWorlds, it offers a free version.
Free one offers the basic features. However, users often find it quite limited.
The Basic one costs $39 monthly and offers more features than the free one, including unlimited courses & students, a website builder, and email marketing.
The Pro version’s price is $119 monthly, and it offers everything in the basics, plus advanced reporting, live chat, group coaching, and public API.
Also, Teachable offers a Business plan. The Business plan includes every feature from the Pro version, advanced theme customization options, and up to 20 admins.
Now, it is time to look at the main benefits you will gain with this plugin.
- It offers lots of advanced customization options allowing you to create and adjust various forms of content.
- An incredibly user-friendly interface will allow you to navigate the platform and create amazing courses easily.
- Lots of integrations with popular platforms only will help you throughout the process.
- Phenomenal monetization options
However, although it offers many benefits, there are also certain drawbacks.
- All the plans have transaction fees.
To ensure that the platform is credible and reliable, we have also researched some rating platforms. You can see the ratings of Teachable on various platforms presented down below.
G2: On the G2 review website Teachable scored 4 stars out of 5. This is a good result; however, by far not the best.
Teachable scored 3.3 stars out of 5 on Trustpilot. The result also is not very satisfying.
According to Capterra, Teachable is a good platform as it has 4.4 stars out of 5.
Basically, Teachable is a good platform that offers lots of useful features, but if we take a look at various ratings for some users, the features are not enough. Teachable will work great if you plan to sell online courses with a few other products. However, if you plan to host a full features e-learning business, then Uteach is one of the best options.
Check Uteach vs Teachable.
Indeed many of you have heard about Kajabi. It is a fascinating platform for online course creators that also allows you to sell various other digital products as well. Besides sales, it offers features for marketing, branding, CRM, website building, and the creation of membership websites.
I suggest that we take a more detailed look into this platform, which has the potential to be one of the best alternatives to Thinkific.
The primary features of Kajabi include:
- Drag & Drop website builder that makes the whole process of building a lot easier and time-saving
- Marketing sequence template generation
- SEO-friendly, which means that when you create and publish a website, it will be easily crawlable by search engines
- Quizzes & Course insights to make the learning process more engaging and meaningful
- Email broadcasts & sequences
- Unlimited storage space. This is one of the most important features because you will have to upload lots of courses and additional materials as a professional creator.
Kajabi does not offer a free version. However, it offers a 14-day free trial run period. It offers three pricing plans - Basic, Growth, and Pro.
The Basic plan costs $149/month, and it will allow you to have three products and three pipelines. Also, with this plan, you will get unlimited landing pages, unlimited emails, and 10.000 contacts.
The most popular plan is Growth, with a price of $199/month. This one gives you an opportunity to publish and sell up to 15 products and 15 pipelines. You get the same features as the basic one, plus up to 25.000 contacts and 10.000 active members. Also, for a single website with this plan, you can have up to 10 admins.
And finally, the third pricing plan - Pro, costs $399/month. It allows you to upload up to 100 products and pipelines, have 100.000 contacts, 20.000 active members, and three websites with up to 20 admins.
This marvelous platform offers benefits that will level up the user experience of your clients instantly. For example:
- Speed optimized & unlimited storage. No matter how many materials and courses you will upload, your website will be built on a reliable platform that is speed optimized. This benefit will potentially increase the conversion rates.
- Good security
- You can also offer various coupons and discounts for the products
Everything great still has its downsides, and some of the cons of Kajabi include:
- Difficult export. If you want to export all your courses, files, and other materials, it is going to consume a lot of time due to the need for manual work.
- Limited design options
- Membership creation requires lots of effort, time, and attention to detail.
- It does not offer a free version.
Finally, it is time to review the ratings.
According to the G2 review platform, Kajabi has 4.5 out of 5 stars.
On Trustpilot, Kajabi has a 4.6-star rating.
Also, on the Capterra, it has 4.3 stars.
As you can notice, the ratings are quite promising, and the platform is truly reliable, according to most of the users.
So, if we are being real, Kajabi is a potentially good alternative for Thinkific. However, it can be expensive for beginners, and other platforms offer the same functionality for a lesser price.
Check Uteach vs Kajabi.
Some of you may be familiar with Podia as well. Podia is a website builder for course creators. Many course creators love it and have used it for years. Plus, with this platform, you will be able to sell other digital products as well.
Let’s take a look at the primary features of this platform.
- Powerful website builder with lots of customization options
- Course builder that allows you to publish course sin bundles, single, or drip formats. Also, it allows pre-sale.
- The digital downloads feature allows selling other digital products as well besides courses.
- With Podia, you can organize Webinars & Workshops.
- Affiliate & Email Marketing tools
With Podia, you can truly enjoy the process of course creation and sales.
Podia offers four classic pricing plans with creative names - Free, Mover, Shaker, and Earthquaker.
The Free version comes in with the basic features, and the big downside of it is 8% transaction fee. Luckily for us, though, other plans have no transaction fees. With the free plan, you will have access to email marketing, live chat, one coaching product, drafts, and the community.
The next version is called Mover, and it costs just $39/per month. Basically, it offers everything that the free version does, plus unlimited downloads, courses, coaching, and drafted webinars.
Also, there is a plan named Shaker, and this one’s price is $89/month. If you decide to go with this plan, then you will get everything from the Mover, plus unlimited webinars and of course, affiliates.
And the last plan, named Earthquaker, costs $199 per month; it comes with all the features that Shaker offers. However, besides those, Eearthquaker offers priority support, onboarding calls, and monthly creator call.
Podia’s pricing is affordable, and each plan offers useful features you will need to create a professional e-learning website.
- Instant payout is one of the best benefits that you will gain with Podia because everyone hates waiting for payments/income for days.
- Tools that allow you to track student progress to give them better constructive feedback effectively.
- Amazing user interface that is extremely beginner-friendly
- Affordable price range
- It does not offer a free version
- Some areas lack personalization options
Let’s also look at Podia’s ratings on various platforms.
For example, on G2, Podia has a 4.5-star rating out of 5 stars, which is a promising result considering the huge market competition. People share their good experiences with the user interface and content creation processes.
Meanwhile, on Trustpilot, Podia’s rate is just 2.9 out of 5 stars. Many users share their bad experiences with the platform, mentioning bad SEO-friendliness that causes websites created with Podia not to rank on Google. And some also mention that they lost access to accounts and databases for no reason.
We also checked out Capterra, and Podia has 4.7 stars out of 5-star ratings.
From our perspective, taking into account ratings from all the review platforms and various reviews, some inconveniences may have occurred in individual cases; however, mostly, people are satisfied with the platform.
Check Uteach vs Podia.
One more quite famous and loved by many course creators - the platform is TalentLMS. It is a potent software that offers all the necessary features and tools to create, sell & manage courses effectively. Many companies choose this platform and successfully implement remote workforce training.
- Native video conferencing that allows hosting instructor-led training sessions.
- Gamification tools and features to enhance the learning experience by making it more interactive and engaging
- Ready-made courses library
- Content creation tool & drag-and-drop content management tool
- Course Management tools - builder, library, categories, prerequisite, time limit, etc.
- User management & unlimited admins
- Customization. It is phenomenal how many customization options this platform offers. With TalentLMS, you can do custom branding, themes, and certificates. Also, you can create a white-labeled mobile app.
- Assessments creation & result tracking
- Supports various content types
TalentLMS offers Standard Plans (4 plans) and Active Plans (4 plans). The standard plan has a free version and three other plans that fit various budgets and needs. The plans are presented down below.
The Free version allows you to have up to 5 users on your website, upload up to 10 courses, and have unlimited email access. This is one of the rare platforms that offers all the necessary features in the free version.
Of course, you can and maybe should start with the Free version; however, with a price of $89 a month, you can upgrade to the Starter one. With this plan, you will get unlimited courses, up to 40 users, and everything else in the Free version.
The Basic plan costs $189 per month. It offers everything the Starter one does, plus up to 100 users, one branch, SSL, and a custom domain.
The last plan from the Standard list is called Plus. This plan will allow you to have up to 500 users, three branches, custom reports, a successful manager, and everything else that the Basic plan offers. The price for the Plus is $369 monthly.
Also, there are four active plans.
Starter Active offers unlimited courses, email support, 40 active users a month, and unlimited registered users. Also, you can pay $4 per additional user. This plan’s price is $179 monthly.
Basic Active plan offers everything that standard Basic does, with a differentiation that 100 users are active, and you can also pay an additional $4 to add more users. This plan costs $339 monthly.
A Plus Active plan gives you everything the standard plan does and an opportunity to purchase new active user spaces for an additional $3. The price for this plan starts at 489$ per month.
The last plan from Active plans is Premium Active; you can purchase additional active user spaces for $2. Also, you will get automation, live chat, and a customizable mobile app.
- Lots of customization options
- Instructions and guides are available
- Good management tools
- Flexible pricing options
- Complex navigation often confuses users, especially beginners
- Some areas could be more modernized and improved
I believe it is time to take a look at the ratings.
The rating of TalentLMS in the G2 is 4.6 stars.
In the Trustpilot, TalentLMS has a rating of 4.4 stars.
And, in the Capterra, the rating equals 4.7 stars.
The ratings of the platform are good, and users are delighted. However, even though pricing plans are flexible, they are still quite pricey. However, as a coach, this can be one of the best alternatives to Thinkific for you.
Udemy is one of the most famous platforms for online course creators. It offers an incredibly user-friendly interface. Plus, all the courses are displayed on the marketplace, so they potentially gain more visibility than on individual websites. Now, I suggest that we take a look at the main features of this amazing platform.
- Course marketing features include external partner promotion, targeted and retargeted ads, email campaigns, and discovery.
- Compliance management tools
- Various types of lectures, including auto, video, audio, and text lectures
- Quizzes & assessments
- Direct messaging
Udemy for course creators is absolutely free of cost. All you need to do is register there and start posting the courses you offer.
- A large marketplace where your courses will definitely be found
- Gives access to an incredibly large student base
- Already has earned its reputation among students
- Takes most of your income: It allows you to post for free; however, it charges from 50% to 70% of the fee per sale. The only way to avoid this is to suggest students buy your course with a coupon, in which case the fee will be just 3%.
- You won’t be able to build your brand
I believe that it is time to take a look at the ratings.
On G2, Udemy has 4.5 stars out of 5-star ratings.
Meanwhile, on the Trustpilot, the rating is quote bad, just 2.5 out of 5 stars.
Finally, on the Capterra, the rating is 4.6 stars.
Basically, if you do not mind fees and prefer to have a quick place to start with, then Udemy is the best alternative to Thinkific for you. With Udemy, you can quickly get started and gain the opportunity to make lots of income.
Other 50 Thinkific alternatives
Now, it is time to review the other 50 incredible platforms that can be the best alternatives for Thinkific.
FreshLearn is a digital learning platform that allows you to create different kinds of online educational training programs and keep it all in one place. Let’s quickly look at the main features:
- Membership websites
- Quizzes and assessments
- White labeling
- Coupon codes
- Sequential drip course feed
Opportunity building is incredibly safe & sound with this platform. You will be able to create blogs, courses, workshops, live lessons, ebooks, and podcasts to monetize your knowledge and skills.
#9 Mighty Networks
Mighty Network is a platform that allows you to build communities and create courses and membership sites. When you create a community on Mighty Networks, you are a rightful owner of the community, and the members will have access to it on the platform.
The main features are:
- Tools to bring social media following together as a community
- Live-streaming option available
- Community creation tools
- Exclusive insights & data
However, it is a platform that is more centered around the community rather than course creation. So, if you want something more professional, this would not work. However, if the community comes first and courses are just a side hustle, then you can also consider Mighty Networks.
Teachery is one of the best platforms to start earning money and monetizing your skills/knowledge. Also, one of the advantages of these platforms is that it allows the creation of courses right inside the platforms.
So, the main features of this platform include:
- Simple course creation tools
- Zero additional fees
- Landing & Payment pages
- Two customizable course templates
This platform does not offer advanced functionality, but it is good for everyone who pays attention to simplicity and minimalism, also if you plan to sell online courses. It is worth mentioning that their website’s design looks very modern and attention-catching as well.
#11 360 learning
The 360 learning platform implements AI tools to advance e-learning experiences worldwide. The platform offers:
- Collaborative learning experiences
- Automation that includes live and compliance
- Onboarding programs
This is also quite a nice platform to start out with. Plus, it offers simple yet potent features and can definitely become a good alternative for Thinkific.
#12 Moodle LMS
Many universities worldwide use Moodle LMS for successful learning management. This platform is good both for fully online and mixed (online & offline) learning. It is a course management system where you can add courses that you provide.
- Incredibly user-friendly interface that is simple in usage and saves your time
- White labeling
- Integrations with the most famous and useful platforms
- Promotes the idea of self-paced individual learning
Besides adding courses, you can upload a syllabus (course outline),break the course content into weeks, and mention assignments/quizzes or tests throughout the program. When you make a course so accessible, students do not hesitate and are motivated to learn.
Xperiencify is one of the unique online course creation platforms that also offers gamification features for modern, up-to-date interactive learning. It promises to create an engaging experience for your students and reduce the number of students who leave you without even completing the course.
You can test it around and understand whether or not its features are enough for the fulfillment of your business needs.
With Gurucan, you can create and sell online courses. There is a tendency among various course creators; they all switch actively to Gurucan from different platforms. Why is that happening? Well, to be fair, it offers quite good functionality.
Let’s take a look at some of this platform’s main features.
- Tools to create and incorporate quizzes, tests, and homework
- Amazing landing pages that will help you to get more leads
- Mobile app for your brand
- Webinars and chats
So, you can use this platform to start the creation and sales of your online courses. And if you know your audience and a few marketing tricks, you will definitely have lots of sales and a high-profit margin.
Eduflow is an easy-to-use LMS platform. It allows you to create courses in less than an hour instead of spending months or years. It offers lots of amazing features that will contribute to the course creation processes and enhance the overall user experience.
So, the main features of this platform are:
- The potent editor that will give you all the necessary tools to design the courses
- Peer Review
- Group work functionality
- Instructor review features
- Features to track the progress of the students
Basically, this platform also provides you with everything necessary to start your e-learning business if your main focus is selling simple courses. Plus, this platform offers features that enhance group learning and feedback experiences.
Learndash is best for the very beginners or people who do not aim to create an ever-growing business around their educational content. It is quite a powerful LMS platform. It is a good platform for creating a few courses, plus it works only with WordPress.
You can use Learndash to power online educational content within your educational institution, such as school or college. Since you do not have to market it and already have an audience, you can use Learndash’s simple course builder to create your course quickly. With features such as membership websites, course bundles, bulk access, course subscriptions, and a shopping cart that you can embed into your website, you can boost your sails.
If you use WordPress as a base for your website, you can get LearnDash as a WP plugin. It allows for quick site building, customization, and flexibility.
Check Uteach vs LearnDash.
#17 Easy LMS
Easy LMS is an award-winning platform that deserves to be one. The main features of the platform are:
- Tools for distraction-free learning
- Student progress tracking tools
- Multiple admins & Integration with other platforms
You can easily create and manage courses from this platform and ensure that your students get an incredible opportunity for self-paced learning.
ProProfs is one of the most famous platforms for training. This platform ultimately will be the best alternative to Thinkific if you want to create training programs instead of the online pre-recorded courses. It offers:
- Quizzes, tests, and flashcards
- Knowledge base
- Features to organize and put together online training programs
#19 Tovuti LMS
Tovuti LMS is a potent yet simple learning management system. It offers:
- White labeling features for good branding
- Notifications including schedules and reminders
- Interactive modules for course creation
- Virtual classroom to hold live lessons and enhance students’ in-class learning experience
Tovuti LMS is a worthy platform as an alternative for Thinkific.
#20 Heights Platform
Heights is a world-famous platform that is perfect for course creators. It is a potent tool that is extremely straightforward in usage. This platform allows you to track the progress of your students as well. Now, let’s take a look at the main features:
- Built-in editor for content creation & adjustment
- Easy collection of payments integrations with Stripe & PayPal
- Community building tools
- Analytics that will allow you to track students’ progress
- Gamification to make the learning processes more interactive and engaging
With Heights Platform, you can create a good-looking e-learning website and start sales of your online courses right away.
Check Uteach vs Heights Platform.
#21 Masterstudy Education WordPress Theme
MasterStudy is a good solution if you prefer to work on WordPress. It is a fully developed learning management system that provides you with a powerful course builder, professional assessments, Zoom webinars, payment systems, and other nice benefits.
Let’s have a look at the main features:
- Front-end course builder
- Assessments: quizzes and certificates
- Orderly drip-feed
- iOS & Android app
- Student assignments
- Zoom meetings
- Monetization system
- And others
Since it has no additional fees apart from getting the license, it is an affordable way to start your course business.
#22 Adobe Captivate Prime
Another educational solution is provided by Adobe, the famous and trusted software company that professionals from all over the world use. Captivate Prime is a learning platform that allows you to train and educate your customers. Create learning courses for your clients, and keep track of their progress. The main functions are:
- AI-powered course recommendation feed
- Skill enhancing programs for your workers
- Learning Management System
- Gamification for your courses
- Third-party integrations
- Social learning
- Demo version available
With Adobe Captivate Prime, you will be able to monetize your knowledge easily.
#23 LearnUpon LMS
Another platform on our list that can become your Thinkific alternative is called - LearnUponLMS. This is an incredibly user-friendly software for online course creators.
This platform offers:
- Course creation tools
- Reports & analytics
- User management tools
- Tools to manage the learning process efficiently
Also, it is worth mentioning that this platform offers gamification functionality as well. So, with the LearnUpon LMS, you will be able to create an incredible e-learning business and, most importantly, have all the necessary tools in the toolset to enhance the students’ experiences.
#24 iSpring Solutions
Even though this platform is not as famous as the previous platforms, it is still a nice solution for your e-learning business. Basically, iSpring offers nice solutions for youtube to be able to design the courses well.
iSpring offers two products, iSpring Suite and iSpring Learn, which is a learning management system. iSpring teaches you to create and sell your content quite fast. You can create courses & assessments, build learning tracks, add various notifications, e.g., for completion and manage users.
Basically, the main features are:
- User Management
- Training Management
- LMS Customization features, including branding and localization
So, this is the eighth platform that can be an amazing alternative for Thinkific.
Ruzuku is a learning platform that you can use to create successful online courses. It also allows you to share your knowledge with the world. The very noticeable benefit of this platform is that it is more than a learning management system. It combines and offers the flexibility of owning a website and LMS.
Let’s take a look at the main features of this platform:
- Course creation with a large amount of offered tools
- Integrations with Stripe and PayPal
- Student management
- Mailchimp integration
- Calendar-based courses with email notifications
- Drip-content courses
- Open Access courses
- Audio and Video live lessons
- Upload and display any file
- Student profiles and communities
Basically, this platform is an easy way of launching your first course. You can also use Ruzuku to grow and establish your own branded online academy.
SkillShare is one of the most popular online teaching platforms. It is very convenient and user-friendly. Not only do you get to teach, but also you get access to the various courses yourself. So, with this platform, you can grow as an expert.
Let’s take a look at the primary features that you will get:
- Unlimited access to all Skillshare courses
- Admin panel for managing
- Practice lessons for students
- Discovery algorithms for reaching relatable content
- Skillshare mobile app
- Customer Success Manager
- Analytics and reporting
- LMS integrations
- API capabilities
- Learn to teach
- Teacher help center
The biggest benefit of SkillShare is its popularity. Everyone knows about SkillShare, and when somebody is encouraged and eager to learn something new, the first place they go is Skillshare. This means that you potentially get higher visibility chances. That automatically will increase your chances of making higher profits.
#27 Canvas LMS
Canvas is a learning management system created by Instructure. This platform is suitable for teachers who want to enhance their students’ education processes, college professors, or large-scale corporate teaching. But you can also use it for coaching and other types of learning.
The main features are:
- Analytic tools
- Product training
- Content development
- Online programs
- Third-party integrations
This platform, hoover, is best suitable for those who already have a student base.
Another alternative to Thinkific and a nice platform for online course creators is called - Graphy. Graphy offers all the necessary tools you need to sell your online courses easily.
The main features of Graphy include:
- Reports & Statistics to provide you with a piece of sufficient information so that you can work on further improvement
- Course and Content Management
- Tracking of progress
- Learning and assessment management tools for efficient and productive e-learning
So, this is also a nice alternative for Thinkific.
#29 CoreAchieve LMS
CoreAchieve LMS is a learning platform for online course creators and those who want to develop efficient e-learning programs/training. You can easily and quickly build courses, get new audiences, and develop your teaching business with an intuitive interface.
- Course builder
- Content management system
- Zoom and Microsoft Teams integration
- Personal profile
- In-person ILT
- Learning paths
- CE credits and certification
- Administrative function
- Add ons
This learning management platform provides you with modern LMS solutions and incorporates UI for easier use as a learning platform.
#30 Tutor LMS
TutorLMS is also quite popular among course creators’ platforms as it offers enough features for successful learning management.
Let’s take a look at the potent functionality of TutorLMS.
- Drag & Drop course builder
- Emails & Email templates editor
- Payment gateways
TutorLMS is an unimaginable plugin that will help you to turn your WordPress website into a full features LMS platform. To add the plugin, you need to access your WP website from the back end, then go to plugins > add new, and on the search line, type “TutorLMS”, afterward click on download > activate. However, if you want to have an independent website rather than one in WordPress, then this platform is not for you.
#31 Paradiso LMS
Paradiso is an LMS that provides you with a wide variety of functionality for creating your course. The platform will work great for many cases such as course creators, college education, partner training, employee training, and individual & group client training.
The main features of Paradiso LMS include:
- Training management software
- Learning experience platform
- Course catalog
- Knowledge base
- Blended learning
- 100% customizable
- Responsive design
- Virtual classroom system
- Social learning
- Learning Paths
This multilingual learning management system incorporates all modern technology and unique solutions for developing the perfect space for you. It is fully customizable, so you can use the platform to make courses stand out from the rest.
SkyPrep is one of the best alternatives for Thinkific. It is a training software that will help you to fulfill your educational dreams. Not only does it provide space for you to create your own teaching course, but it also helps you to train your employees for better execution and development.
The primary features are presented down below:
- Learning management
- Course creation
- User management
- Reporting and analytics
- Full customizability
- Workflow automation
- Third-party integrations
SkyPrep is a platform that will help you and your employees to train and grow together and create a beautiful teaching business that will lead you to success.
#33 Zoho People
Zoho People is an HR management platform that will help you track and monitor your employees’ data, improve your hiring system and create a healthy environment in your company.
Here are some features you might be interested in:
- Manage data
- Easier onboarding
- Attendance tracker
- Leave tracker
- Time management
- Schedule shifting administration
- Collaboration with employees via feeds
- Keep track of your documents
- 100% customizable
- Advanced analytics system
- Third-party integrations
Zoho People is not exactly a direct alternative to Thinkific. Still, the platform will allow you to manage your employees, educate them and collaborate with them to contribute to your business’s overall success.
Eloomi is a platform that will allow you to teach and effectively. It is an intuitive training platform and the ultimate choice for skill development. Since eloomi includes all tools you will need in one place, you will be able to manage your clients and business successfully.
For example, it provides you with:
- Online training
- Pre- and onboarding
- Workforce engagement via gamification
- Skills and capability training
- Career planning
Use eloomi for better performance of your trainees and track their development. Create an ultimate educational business using only one platform.
#35 NEO LMS
Neo LMS is simply enougth. This may be the one of the best platforms you need to create a full-featured online business without using any extra software. It is easy to use and implement platform powered by AI. So, it will allow you to create your unique courses and implement the best learning methods in your lessons.
The main features that come in hand with this platform are:
- Learning environment with no distractions
- Monitor progress
- Personalized learning
- Create and sell online courses
- Support career paths
- Automate tasks
Use this as a successful alternative for Thinkific to create or business. You can create a learning system for k-12 educational institutions, universities, businesses, and corporations.
Mindflash is a cloud-based learning management software that is one of the best in today’s market. It provides you with all the necessary features to organize and enhance the learning experience.
Some of the main features include:
- PowerPoint presentations and video support
- Live training and Linked training portals
- Word support
- Incredibly user-friendly interface
So, you can also consider Mindflash LMS as an alternative to Thinkific.
Blackboard is a learning management system that provides versatile means of creating yourteaching business. Its flexibility and integrity give you space to be as creative as possible, which is amazing because to stand out on the market, you have to be creative and innovative. Also, you will most likely need a Unique Selling Point.
However, now let’s concentrate on the Blackboard and look at its main features.
- Support for multiple teaching styles
- All types of learning: audio, video, and textual media
- Budget balancer
- Anti-plagiarism tools
- Analytics and reports
- Faculty freedom
- EdTech ecosystem
- Personalized approach to students
- Marketing and enrollment services
- Blackboard’s chatbot
This platform will ensure that your students are kept engaged while they are learning, and you are not wasting your time while you are coming up with new courses.
#38 Absorb LMS
With Absorb LMS, you can create a course or a whole online school. And the most vital benefit of all this is that due to incredibly useful and yet simple functionality, you will also save lots of time. The user-friendly system saves lots of energy in the process of creating the course. It offers all the means for the creation of effective online courses, including:
- Smart administration
- Learner engagement
- Learner and course dashboards
- Reporting & analytics
- Learner experience
- Observation checklists
- Artificial intelligence
- A mobile app
- Performance upgrade
- Content libraries
- Third-party integrations
All in all, this is a very useful platform not for just hosting a course. Its different management features allow you to quickly deal with your finances and monitor your students’ progress. At the end of the day, students come to you to learn, so it is important to be able to help them grow.
Teachmint incorporates all the most useful features of traditional education and an online learning management system. It provides you with many features that allow you to monitor your students' progress and assess their knowledge & skills. With this platform, you will be able to create amazing & selling courses andencourage and motivate students to learn due to successful management and handling of all the learning processes.
The main features of Teachmint are:
- Online lectures
- Offline classes
- Artificial intelligence-based testing
- Assignments and assessments
- Fee management
- Academic planning
- Attendance management
- A chat
- Past performance analytics
- Unlimited file upload
- Recorded lectures
The platform uses a hybrid operational model representing convenience for students and teachers. It will help you to create and enhance the best learning experience possible.
Classpro will help you to establish your own online school and provide skill development opportunities for many people out there. It focuses on automated management and the sense of community between students and teachers.
Therefore, if you are or want to become an online course creator who also cares about establishing a healthy environment and community of students, then this is one of the best alternatives if Thinkific for you.
- Zoom integration
- Online fee collection
- Assignment management
- Coaching portal
- Exam assessments
- Automated evaluation
- Parent communication
- Payment gateway integrations
- Video lectures
- Homework module
- Class app
This platform will work great for everyone who wants to start teaching. It gives you all the necessary means for monetization of your skills & expertise.
#41 Akrivia HCM
Akrivia HCM is not necessarily a traditional learning management system. In fact, it stands out from the rest. Indeed it does provide you with all those learning functions, but the main idea of the platform is to provide all the necessary tools for efficient workforce training.
Plus, it is an ultimate LMS solution as it also offers HR features that other LMS platforms do not. Let’s just take a look at the main features:
- Employee management
- Leave management
- Time & attendance
- Payroll management
- Recruitment management
- Performance management
- Expense management
- Employee engagement
- Learning and development
- Rewards and recognition
- HR help desk
Consider this platform as a unique way of improving the skills and knowledge of your workers. This platform will work great for both corporations handling training courses and career or executive coaches.
#42 isEazy LMS
Easily and efficiently manage all your training projects with isEazy LMS. The e-learning platform that makes your online training easy.
#43 Think Exam
Think Exam is a platform that focuses on assessments rather than being a full-on learning management system. It allows you to create many types of exams and tests, as well as sell them to monetize your ideas. If you are the type of course creator, who loves to track students’ progress through tests and assessments, then consider this platform as the best alternative to Thinkific for you.
The main features include, but indeed are not limited to:
- Question bank
- Candidate management
- Test creation
- Test taker panel
- Reporting system
- Mobile app
- Remote proctoring
- Learning management solution
This platform is an interesting way of creating online examinations and hosting remote tests. It also provides you with detailed reports and analytics, so you get all the data you might possibly need.
#44 Google Classroom
Google Classroom is a product that will help you to create a learning environment that imitates real in-class learning but has additional online elements. Basically, these are the “Classrooms of the Future,” and most importantly, they are truly safe.
Simple yet powerful features include:
- Video meetings
- Class management
- Grade management
- Youtube integration
- Attach Google Forms or documents from Google drive
- Real-time feedback - will contribute to students being more attentive in class
- Parent module
- Post announcements
- Data processing
- Student management
As you can see, this platform combines all the useful features for enhancing the education of students. It pays a lot of attention to the collaborative aspect, which is essential in education.
#45 Microsoft Teams
Microsoft Teams, a platform from the most popular software providers, is another solution for reaching out to your students. The platform includes all the features that you’ll need to create the most enriching learning experience.
- Create channels and teams
- Document storage
- Video calls
- Screen sharing
- Audio conferences
- Secure communication
- Multiple types of learning support
- Easy collaboration
- Track student progress
- Personalized learning
This is especially useful when you have Microsoft 365 because Microsoft Teams is already included in that, so you won’t have to pay additionally.
Camu is a learning management system dedicated to developing the traditional educational system by adding new creative solutions. It is a collaborative space for students and teachers that implements features of the student information system and an LMS.
- Virtual classroom
- Combination of SIS and LMS
- Outcome-based learning
- Analytics and reports
- Mobile integrations
- HR management
It is a convenient way of monetizing teaching that will also save you and your students a great deal of time.
Flipick is a platform that integrates the features of a Learning Management system and a Learning Experience Platform.
Let’s have a quick look at the features it provides:
- Reports and analytics dashboard
- Table of contents structure of courses
- Community channels
- Whiteboard videos
- On-boarding automation
- Content management system
- Content creating
It provides additional creative and engaging learning opportunities for your students and makes education really fun with 2D animation and unique assessments.
WizIQ will provide you with an elaborate learning management system software and a convenient, most importantly, practical virtual classroom. It has every feature you might need to manage your students, so you can track their progress and provide them with useful educational content. Some of the features include:
- Tools to create and sell online courses
- Online tutoring
- Partner training
- Suitable for k-12, higher education, and corporate training
- Virtual classroom
- Tests and assessments
- Mobile learning
- Third-party integrations
With WizIQ, you can monetize your knowledge and skills, build your own e-learning business and get additional training for your partners.
#49 Ampletrails LMS
Ampletrails is a simple learning management system that allows you to create a healthy educational environment for your students. The main focus of the platform is the collaborative learning processes. It aims to create a healthy environment where students will be eager to learn.
Ampletrails LMS comes in with features, such as:
- Learning management system
- Attendance management
- Video lectures
- Group work
- Community networking
- Forums and online notes
- Course management
- Assignments and assessments
- Grade monitoring
- Track progress
Basically, this is a user-friendly platform that provides you with all the simple solutions to solve complicated problems. Build courses, monitor your student’s progress, and grow together via Ampletrails LMS.
ClickFunnels is a platform that allows you to build a funneling website and transform your usual website visitors into leads that will bring you some actual profit. The individual approach to every user will ensure that they will get recommendations of products that they are potentially interested in. Also, email and social media campaigns may help you to generate even more leads.
The main features include:
- Drag and drop editor
- Smart shopping cart
- Email campaigns
- Facebook marketing
- Intuitive dashboard
- Sell products
- Convertible sales funnels
- Build leads
So basically, this platform is ideal for building funnels that will help you increase the number of leads.
GetCourse is a platform that offers you plenty of features to create amazing and interactive courses. It works more like a website that hosts your online school under your brand name, but you don’t have to build everything from scratch. GetCourse even offers pre-made templates for courses.
Also, it is worth mentioning that you can set up Paid consultations with this platform. Other features include:
- Account setups by GetCourse
- Order transfers
- Turnkey set up
- Mailing IP-address
- Email campaigns
- Premade templates for courses
- Website page layout
GetCourse, basically, is a hosting platform that gives you space for creative freedom.
#52 Academy of Mine
Academy of Mine is an e-learning platform that promotes the idea of vitality of education for businesses and corporations. It offers you every tool necessary to enhance your students’ learning experience.
With this platform, you and your students will get:
- Self-paced learning opportunities
- Instructor-led training
- Analytics and reports
- Customer portals
- Integrations and API
- Course marketing
- Customizable eLearning
- Zoom integrations
- Vimeo live streams
- Microsoft Teams integration
- Google Analytics and Facebook Pixels integration
Basically, this platform is a useful solution if you want to train your employees and create a special “learning-orientated” environment for them. With the tools, the Academy of Mine platform offers, you can also improve teamwork of the workforce.
Coursera is an educational platform that specializes in engineering and business. However, you can find various other types of courses there as well. If we are spilling the tea, it is worth mentioning that even some of the world-class universities offer courses through Coursera.
You can start teaching your courses by joining the faculty of experts. The platform’s focus is practical lessons that will potentially increase the chances of employment for your students.
The primary features and opportunities it will provide you with include:
- Team building
- Curriculum management
- Practical learning with Coursera labs
- Curriculum recommendations
- Access to world-class content
- Employability improvement
- Faculty development program
- Data-driven insights
- Goal building
- Workforce support
This platform works more like an online university or school, where you join the faculty and become one of the educators. This is a good way of starting your online course business since you also will have the support of world-class experts.
QBis is a management platform that allows new businesses to learn and grow. It provides you with lots of features for efficient time management, finance tracking, and business development. Basically, this platform will help you to spend your time on more important things rather than routine. The features include:
- Time management system
- Data collecting
- Reduce payroll errors
- Project tracking
- Cost and revenue management
- Automate project management
- Get notifications
- Expense reporting
QBis is a great option if you want to manage the expenses and “to-do” tasks of your business.
eFront reminds Moodle in lots of aspects due to so many similarities. It is also an amazing platform for organizing online courses and learning. Plus, if you use eFront and organize your courses there, it will work well for both online and mixed learning.
Create your online teaching or coaching school and monetize your knowledge and skills with Learnyst. Apart from being secure, this platform provides you with:
- Online Zoom classes
- Offline lessons
- White label
- Mobile app
- Payment gateway integrations
Also, Learnyst prioritizes your content’s safety, so they do everything to ensure that your courses and lessons cannot be downloaded and shared freely.
GoSkills is the last platform on our big list. It is dedicated to helping small businesses. It is a learning management system that concentrates on corporate or small business training. It has simplified registration and course-building processes to ensure that you don’t waste your time on routine tasks and focus on what truly matters.
With GoSkills you will get:
- Custom course design tools
- Mobile learning
- Social learning
- Course builder
- Reports and analytics
- Team assignments
- Course tracking
- Catalog and training management
This is a powerful online educational platform.
Best Thinkific alternative for you
At the end of the day, the Best Thinkific alternative is Uteach. After all this research and testing, comparisons, and rating, Uteach remains on top. It is powerful all-in-one automation that will allow you to create a full-featured e-learning business.
With Uteach, you can:
- Create a website in less than two minutes and add as many pages as you want
- Build a website with drag & drop visual editor
- SEO optimizes course descriptions, pages, and blog posts to rank higher in SERPs
- Publish & Sell courses right away
- Enjoy an incredibly beginner-friendly user interface
- Host end-to-end live sessions & enjoy lots of quality integrations
- Be in control of every aspect of your business from one platform, including sales, marketing, content
- Make profits & Expand your business
Uteach offers everything that Thinkific does and more, simultaneously allowing you to enjoy all of it at a much more affordable price. So, stop waiting and postponing and start your online course business right away!
Uteach with you all the way towards success.